To follow up......I had a sit down with lad and mom last week.

Had the merit badge book in hand and asked him So explain to me how you did #4 which is track your dog care for 2 months and you don't have a dog....and I spoke with you MBC and he mentioned he was led to believe you had a dog thru pictures and talking with you.

So could you explain to me how you completed #4? He stumbled along that he should be able to count his cat, because it was a pet and he took care of it. I agreed there are similar, but a dog certainly isn't a cat.

So the MBC believed you had a dog, what lead him to that conclusion????

Well the lad manned up and said he had mislead the councilor, he was just about in tears. Mom sat there and didn't say anything. I asked him what I should do with the merit badge card???? He said to throw it away. I thanked him and mom for meeting with me. end of story.....

I still get vibe, awe ya caught me from the scout.

I have a young man that did personal management in a week, I have asked to see his financial records and will speak with the MBC if I have concerns after that......

I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. Care for them is a lot different. Cats can be left alone for a whole weekend. Dogs have to be let outside twice a day, minimum. I have one dog that thinks 50 is minimum. :) Care routine is vastly different. If the boy was serious about the MB, he would have to make a commitment with some neighbor to come over before school and after school and throughout the weekend to really take care of a dog. The MB is not as easy as one would think.

I'm glad the boy fessed up and did the right thing.

Stosh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My cat comes when called. Sits up and begs for treats and when it's on the kitchen counter and I tell it to "get down", he starts to dance.   So what's the problem?   Stosh

To follow up......I had a sit down with lad and mom last week.

Had the merit badge book in hand and asked him So explain to me how you did #4 which is track your dog care for 2 months and you don't have a dog....and I spoke with you MBC and he mentioned he was led to believe you had a dog thru pictures and talking with you.

So could you explain to me how you completed #4? He stumbled along that he should be able to count his cat, because it was a pet and he took care of it. I agreed there are similar, but a dog certainly isn't a cat.

So the MBC believed you had a dog, what lead him to that conclusion????

Well the lad manned up and said he had mislead the councilor, he was just about in tears. Mom sat there and didn't say anything. I asked him what I should do with the merit badge card???? He said to throw it away. I thanked him and mom for meeting with me. end of story.....

I still get vibe, awe ya caught me from the scout.

I have a young man that did personal management in a week, I have asked to see his financial records and will speak with the MBC if I have concerns after that......

BD, you'll never know if he felt he "got caught", but my guess is, if he felt he got caught he'd be angry with you. Since he was almost in tears, he probably knows he did something wrong.