Obama Care Vs Affordable care act.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How to take an excellent private industry and totally run it into the ground so that an ineffectual government boondoggle can replace it? Well, we now know. Insurance companies are dumping people ri

I like kDD, had heard about it a couple of weeks ago.. Don't know if I would quite call them sheeple, more like low level informed at least in the area of politics. You really can't herd them if they don't care.. They just pick there head up long enough to hear one sound bite and assume that is what's going on and investigate no further.. Could be good info, could be bad info, but guarenteed not enough info to really know what's going on..

KDD, I like the one about the Women's Suffrage, did they catch many people off guard?

I like kDD, had heard about it a couple of weeks ago.. Don't know if I would quite call them sheeple, more like low level informed at least in the area of politics. You really can't herd them if they don't care.. They just pick there head up long enough to hear one sound bite and assume that is what's going on and investigate no further.. Could be good info, could be bad info, but guarenteed not enough info to really know what's going on..

KDD, I like the one about the Women's Suffrage, did they catch many people off guard?

Oh yeah, lots of people bought it. I couldn't find a link to the original on YouTube, but lots of other people have duplicated it with success. Repeal the 19th amendment.

Sadly the media has allowed its detractors to label the ACA as Obamacare. It was intended as a derogatory term. As Obama said himself, in a couple of years they won't be calling it that anymore.

The simple fact remains a huge proportion of health care dollars are spent at the end of life. Until we as a nation are willing to address this issue we cannot hope to fix the structural problems. Unfortunately whenever the subject is brought up politicians start screaming "Death Panels!"

If the government can screw up the implementation of the program, you can only imagine what's going to happen when one gets sick.

Stosh

Ahhhh... If someone gets sick, the government is out of the picture.. I don't know if you really believe the Republican scare tactics, or just choose to spread it. The commecials of Uncle Sam in the examination room is pure poppycock.

It is up to the insurance companies and hospitals/doctors and you (to pay the deductable, or items not covered by insurance).. For my state the insurance company would be Blue Cross Blue Shield (Wow, yes, a normal insurance company!!)..

My state, NH, still has too many republicans in the mix so we didn't organize our own.. Even so, once you use the government web site to enroll, and I would assume or Income State tax forms will change to show you have medical coverage that meets at least the minimum conditions.. Other then that, the government is out of it completely..

If you like waiting at the DMV you'll love Obummercare....
Well... If more people are insured, you might have more people going to the Doctors rather then dieing in their homes, or waiting for hours in the emergancy rooms.. That might mean when you call your doctor you may not get a next day appointment but they may have to book you out a little.. Poor baby..

Easy way to fix that is accept more people into med school in order to put more doctors in the field.

Acctually my DMV doesn't have a long wait, but since you are trying to use this tactic to scare people who have long waits at Emergancy rooms and at Free health clinics, I don't see how this is going to scare them.. Really again it is simply another fear tactic in search of someone stupid enough to buy it.. Sold any bridges lately?

If you like waiting at the DMV you'll love Obummercare....
Whatever you think will happen to wait times.....at least you will have to opportunity to receive non urgent care.

If you think there is a better way to provide care it needs to be proposed and debated. Where were the proposals from the other side ? What did Bush propose ?

Stripping the ACA of funding streams is not fixing it. If there are plans to fix shortfalls, let's hear them ?

Can you honestly say the system "works" ?

I am open to limiting health care options for those less able to afford premium care. Anytime you bring that up someone on the right starts yelling "Death Panels!"

I would have preferred an honest proposal: a government insurance program for those who WANTED to buy insurance but could not in the private market. If they could not afford to do so there would be a tax-supported subsidy, like other programs.

Instead, we have a program where we are forced to buy something whether we want it or not. And no this is not like auto insurance. I do not want to go down this well-argued road any more.

What we have is a program that 1) will increase demand for a service 2) does nothing to increase the supply of a service, and 3) disincentives employers to provide full time employment. Anyone with a modicum of economic insight knows this is a recipe for disaster if he is honest with himself.

All you need to see about how well obummercare will work is in how well the enrollment process has been working thus far. If you think it's hard to sign up for a plan--a simple process that thousands of insurance companies have mastered--wait until you try to actually get a claim paid or see your doctor. Government does little, if anything, better than the private sector. So, welcome to the future of your health care.

I would have preferred an honest proposal: a government insurance program for those who WANTED to buy insurance but could not in the private market. If they could not afford to do so there would be a tax-supported subsidy, like other programs.

Instead, we have a program where we are forced to buy something whether we want it or not. And no this is not like auto insurance. I do not want to go down this well-argued road any more.

What we have is a program that 1) will increase demand for a service 2) does nothing to increase the supply of a service, and 3) disincentives employers to provide full time employment. Anyone with a modicum of economic insight knows this is a recipe for disaster if he is honest with himself.

All you need to see about how well obummercare will work is in how well the enrollment process has been working thus far. If you think it's hard to sign up for a plan--a simple process that thousands of insurance companies have mastered--wait until you try to actually get a claim paid or see your doctor. Government does little, if anything, better than the private sector. So, welcome to the future of your health care.

"If you think it's hard to sign up for a plan--a simple process that thousands of insurance companies have mastered--wait until you try to actually get a claim paid or see your doctor"

Again at that stage the government is out of the picture.. Are you saying BlueCross Blue Shield can't a process a person that comes to them through ACA rather then through Mac's greasy spoon?.. Once my employer enrolls me on their company health plan, they are out of the picture, they have no right to know what I go to my doctor about, let alone approve or disapprove of it.

Sorry you and jblake shouldn't be so sour and grumpy.. After all your hero Ted Cruz says you acheived an amazing victory.. So drink your flavor-aid and all will be alright.