What counts as activity for Second and First Class

What counts as an activity for fulfilling the Second and First Class activity requirements? If the troop offers a MB class to the troop on a Saturday, does that count as an activity? How about when a couple of patrols meet to work on advancement stuff? We are using a combination of TroopKit and TroopMaster and I think all we are tracking are service projects, Eagle projects and campouts. I've got a couple of Second and First Class candidates who have 10 activities, but only six or seven are showing on their official record.

I'd say no to both the examples given. Merit badge classes are for individuals. It just so happens that the troop is putting it on. (think about the boys that already have the badge).

A couple of patrols meeting to work on advancement stuff. That's really just a patrol meeting, eh?

A patrol hike, any other patrol outing, a troop service project, troop fundraising event, patrol camp outs, troop camp outs, patrol box cleaning day, organize the scout storage space day, district first aid meet, patrol helps out at packs pinewood derby sound much more like activities don't they?

These are subjective questions. Be fair, consistent, and use common sense If you look at a particular activity and it is not one that most could do, and it is not planned on the troop or patrol level, then it likely does not meet the requirement. No need in making things harder than they need to be.