parent/cub master going over my head

do not give them worksheets. they'll go home and do webelos pins as if they are homework assignments which takes ALL the fun out of scouting.
I agree that Cub Scouts should not be like homework, which is why I detest some of the requirements they need to fulfill. However, as the program currently stands, the Webelos are encouraged to explore the handbook on their own because not too many dens can offer the boy a chance to earn every badge. This is one way the boy can take on that responsibility of learning on his own, like they would when getting started with a Boy Scout merit badge. Given the alternative of taking the parent's word for it or denying them their activity badge, I think the worksheet is a decent option.
do not give them worksheets. they'll go home and do webelos pins as if they are homework assignments which takes ALL the fun out of scouting.
I've been trying to talk with the boys individually (in the same room) during gathering. I ask about the achievements they supposedly completed. If they can tell me- "oh, yeah, I wrote so and so an email last week.", I'll count that. If they can't answer me- or their answer doesn't satisfy me, such as "which community leader did you visit with?" "uh... it was last year.... I don't remember", then I won't warm it completed. I have no reason to believe my webelos are dishonest- I just think the moms are marking stuff off without reading the whole achievement- or don't realize that what happened last year doesn't count.