No Tiger den this year?

Sorry, I am going to rain on this parade. Yes, you should be concerned. You need Tigers. They also bring parents who will be Den Leaders, CC, MC, CM and such. They can help out with Pack Events and Outings.

It is understandable about the Tiger Parents not understanding the program. It's not the Baby Sitters of America. So, they do need to be there. You should find a couple of 1st Graders and ask them what seven friends would they want to have in their Den. Call the Parents and invite them to the Pack Meeting and get them signed up.

I had one Den that went through with 2-3 Scouts. In the end it was only one that crossed over. It was an odd Den for that whole cycle. But before and after it there was 8-12 kids in each Den.

Is there a reason why you have to meet right after school? Our Pack meets at 7pm for Den/Pack Meetings. Den Meetings can be anywhere.

What's your program? Is it exciting? What do you do? Do you host a few Den Meetings and show the Parents how easy it is? Gotta get them hooked first.

Parents usually need to have been in Cubs a year before they will volunteer for anything (unless they are "that type" which is rare, or if they have positive scouting youth experiences). So, if you get them to hang around for a successful Tiger year, you've got your core volunteers for the next 2-4 years. If they just started their boys as wolves, you only get 1-2 years of volunteering out of them.
plausible point. That is an advantage..... BUT based solely on my limited perspective 2 good years is all we seem to be able to expect out of most folks anyway..... not all, but most. After that, they may still well be volunteering, but for the most part the energy is gone and in fact they are soaking energy OUT of the group.