Do you take attendance at pack meetings?

We have around 50 boys in our pack, but it seems like only about 60% show up on a regular basis. Since I don't know all of the boys personally, I leave it up to the den leaders to keep track of the boys in attendance. I think we have some boys who didn't attend a single pack meeting all year. I'd like to get a better handle on who's coming and who's not coming because the den leaders don't seem to be stressing the importance of attendance at pack meetings. Does your pack take attendance at your meetings?

Yes, we have a sign in sheet at the door, they get a door prize ticket when signing in, for things like cookies, or a different necker slide, or whatever freebies or cheap but not cheaply made things we can find. Also someone welcomes the family at that table, tells them what the gathering activity is, and if there are any handouts about upcoming council, district or pack events or a pack newsletter or anything like that.

We give a den attendance ribbon to the den with the highest attendance % wise every 3 mos. they hang it on their den flags.

we also try to give out the cubbie teddy bear in a scout uniform to the den with the highest attendance, or the den who made the biggest gains in how many scouts are in attendance.

Yes, we have a sign in sheet at the door, they get a door prize ticket when signing in, for things like cookies, or a different necker slide, or whatever freebies or cheap but not cheaply made things we can find. Also someone welcomes the family at that table, tells them what the gathering activity is, and if there are any handouts about upcoming council, district or pack events or a pack newsletter or anything like that.

We give a den attendance ribbon to the den with the highest attendance % wise every 3 mos. they hang it on their den flags.

we also try to give out the cubbie teddy bear in a scout uniform to the den with the highest attendance, or the den who made the biggest gains in how many scouts are in attendance.

That is all excellent.

No we don't and should.

We already do a check-in table and door prizes, so should be an easy transition to having a sign-in sheet. I was thinking about doing some kind of reward for the den with best attendance too, but I figured it would be for the whole year's attendance. I like your 3-month idea instead.

No Pack sign-in for Pack meetings. Keeping track of who attends is up to the den leader. The den leader then includes that on their award list for the next month. We award segment patches to the Scouts for attending the Pack meeting that are in the theme of the meeting.