What's your favorite piece of gear you have in your kit?

I was looking at Making my own Custom Camp Trailer with a Solar system on it to run CPAP and a Nice comfy bed to sleep in due to bad back. My Council will not allow Trailers or RVs at Camp..their excuse someone may illegally dump waste. I just want a portable easy system nothing Fancy. I was Told that If You use a CPAP even a Battery operated one your not allowed in Backcountry at any BSA High Adventure any more. Does anyone Know if this is true?
For that to work everyone needs to drink the Flavor Aid., :). "Ok all I am going to take my drugs now so I can sleep, you all have fun listening to me saw all night".

I have been known to fall asleep without it occasionally, but most times it is a no go. If I do pass out the wife makes sure I put my "#%£\**+] mask on!"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two-ply TP

My CPAP. Second is earplugs because the SM doesn't have a CPAP.

Hmmm. Should have said my Hennessy Hammock. Everytime I take it down in under 3 minutes with no drying needed I remember why I love it.

I was looking at Making my own Custom Camp Trailer with a Solar system on it to run CPAP and a Nice comfy bed to sleep in due to bad back. My Council will not allow Trailers or RVs at Camp..their excuse someone may illegally dump waste. I just want a portable easy system nothing Fancy. I was Told that If You use a CPAP even a Battery operated one your not allowed in Backcountry at any BSA High Adventure any more. Does anyone Know if this is true?
Flavor Aid....it was Flavor Aid...
Basementdweller sounds like a Good system..I like their Battery options.... However I am leery of Product which they won't tell you the Price
My good night is 7 years old I need a replacement.....

I think I found the machine for $435 and the cig cord adapter was $100 so not too bad.

I wouldn't buy their batterys.....You can get custom built lipo batterys with higher capacity for about the same money.

Have you tried a Mandibular Advancement Device (MAD)? Does what a CPAP does - prevent snoring - but is not powered. It works by keeping the jaw forward and may prevent the tongue from moving. See your dentist.
Spent some time thinking about this thread and all ... and totally forgot the most basic thing:

always carry a spoon (any Infantry Grunt will tell ya that one) and never forget your towel ;-)

P38.. You Can use the Lid from The Can for a Spoon..Can't Open a Can with a Spoon as Easily

Eureka tent is the first thing that pops to mind. 15 years of about once a month, including plenty of heavy rain and several snowstorms, never been wet. I have had 4 Eurekas 2 Keltys and one Coleman. (embarrassing) and the worst that happened in a Eureka was a pack of gum in the corner of the tent got wet. My fault anyway because I had put on the fly wrong, leaving a little gap of unprotection. I also love my Eureka 15 deg bag... it has a nice high footbox so that even if your zipper is down your legs and feet are still buried pretty good, and is longer and fluffier on one side for a good pillow or over the head cover.

Spent some time thinking about this thread and all ... and totally forgot the most basic thing:

always carry a spoon (any Infantry Grunt will tell ya that one) and never forget your towel ;-)

P38.. You Can use the Lid from The Can for a Spoon..Can't Open a Can with a Spoon as Easily

I got one of those somewhere :-D But I try to avoid taking cans - too heavy ;-) Most trail food nowadays and MREs are in foil bags or ziplock bags for dehydrated etc. they dont have can lids. You can never go wrong with a spoon :-D

The field uniform has a nice spoon holder in the left pocket. Scouts asks why I have a spoon there. Answer is : you can always use a spoon.

Y'all forgot the guru's advice? "When you get to the fork in the road, take it" = Yogi Berra....

I always have a fork with me, In the pocket. Elicits conversation. And smiles.

Fork hmmmm. Some people carry a sausage.

For years (through Cubs, and hiking on our own), I used what could best be described as "book bags" for day hiking. One by LLBean, one by Jansport. Those weren't comfortable day packs at all, and didn't carry loads well.

So I splurged and bought a much higher-quality daypack. In particular, I got one of the larger Camelbak daypacks. Very comfortable, can carry larger loads. Not so inexpensive, but I'm awfully glad I got it. Day hiking has been much more comfortable ever since.

For years (through Cubs, and hiking on our own), I used what could best be described as "book bags" for day hiking. One by LLBean, one by Jansport. Those weren't comfortable day packs at all, and didn't carry loads well.

So I splurged and bought a much higher-quality daypack. In particular, I got one of the larger Camelbak daypacks. Very comfortable, can carry larger loads. Not so inexpensive, but I'm awfully glad I got it. Day hiking has been much more comfortable ever since.

Which bag? I love my Camelback MULE but I would upgrade to one that could fit a binder for those weeks at camp if it wasn't too big. if the price point was right. This is the time of year for outdoor clearance sales so you have to keep your eyes peeled...