What's your favorite piece of gear you have in your kit?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two-ply TP

My CPAP. Second is earplugs because the SM doesn't have a CPAP.

Hmmm. Should have said my Hennessy Hammock. Everytime I take it down in under 3 minutes with no drying needed I remember why I love it.

My collection of essential reading:

Waterproof New Testament and Psalms

Laminated Track and Scat Guide

Laminated Guide to Edible Plants

Laminated Star Chart

It's rare that a weekend goes by without a youth asking to borrow one of the above.

Other stuff (even my espresso pot :eek: ) may get swapped in and out depending on conditions. For example, it's swiftly becoming the season where orange pinafores get tied to any gear covering backs or heads.

Laminated Star Chart

It's rare that a weekend goes by without a youth asking to borrow one of the above.

Other stuff (even my espresso pot :eek: ) may get swapped in and out depending on conditions. For example, it's swiftly becoming the season where orange pinafores get tied to any gear covering backs or heads.

Can you post links track and scat and plant guides ? Did you laminate yourself ?

Laminated Star Chart

I try not to laminate myself ... makes it hard to breath. ;)

I bought mine at the scout shop. I bet they can be found in most sporting goods stores.

Laminated Star Chart

I have some from Barnes and Noble...plants, trees, tracks...they have more than that I plan on adding little by little

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/james-kavanagh?csrfToken=7XjVfdduDs29Qb92sLH287RUxBIsLiJ1&sort=R&size=90&startat=1

They have a lot more on teh interweb

Laminated Star Chart

I have a BSA star chart neckerchief.

Pretty cool in the norther hemisphere, source of LOLs in the southern hemisphere ...

Anything that keeps me warm and dry really.

That extra pair of socks in a zip lock and spare plastic bags that you can line your boots with

(so when you have wet boots you take of wet socks, dry your feet put on dry socks pull plastic bags over socks and go back into your wet boots)