Camping / Sleeping Arrangements / Safe Scouting

A few things I don't understand;

A) Mom is on her 3rd marriage; has 2 kids from hubby #1, 1 kid from hubby #2, and is 8 months pregnant by Hubby #3 (They have been married a whopping 3 months.) The new Dad is on his second marriage; he also has 2 kids from wife #1, but has 1 kid from the mistress that resulted in the divorce from wife #1, and the current woman is expecting, per above. This couple gets to share a tent because BSA has decided that married=morally good???

B) Mom and Dad have been together for 20 years and have produced four beautiful offspring. They have never had any other relationships, affairs, etc. They have chosen not to get married and often joke that they have been living in sin so long that Satan has given them their own zip code. This couple can not share a tent because BSA has decided not married = not moral???

C) Jake and Dan are not married because it's not legal in their state, but they have been together for 15 years; 11 years ago the adopted their son Jimmy. This couple, while not married can share a tent because they are the same gender????

c) but Q we are talking about cub camping here or they could be parents sharing a tent as boy scout parent tag alongs. So membership issue issue is no issue.

They are men so it is ok........Scout son will be tenting with his patrol so it is irrelevant.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya know folks.......While it is a rule........We have to admit it is a pretty stupid one at this point...... While I don't condone live in arrangements.......   Lets look at this differently.  

A few things I don't understand;

A) Mom is on her 3rd marriage; has 2 kids from hubby #1, 1 kid from hubby #2, and is 8 months pregnant by Hubby #3 (They have been married a whopping 3 months.) The new Dad is on his second marriage; he also has 2 kids from wife #1, but has 1 kid from the mistress that resulted in the divorce from wife #1, and the current woman is expecting, per above. This couple gets to share a tent because BSA has decided that married=morally good???

B) Mom and Dad have been together for 20 years and have produced four beautiful offspring. They have never had any other relationships, affairs, etc. They have chosen not to get married and often joke that they have been living in sin so long that Satan has given them their own zip code. This couple can not share a tent because BSA has decided not married = not moral???

C) Jake and Dan are not married because it's not legal in their state, but they have been together for 15 years; 11 years ago the adopted their son Jimmy. This couple, while not married can share a tent because they are the same gender????

So NAE....

That is why I go with what is their normal household. I would never tell B) they couldn't tent together even if their kids are ugly, not sure what beautiful has to do with it.