Trail Life confused over who they are?????

What is the "wink, wink" for? There's nothing nefarious or sneaky about who they are and what they want to do.

Leaders have to be Christian. They define what they mean by Christian. If non-Christian kids want to go along they're welcome but told they will be part of a Christian youth group. How is any of this different from my local Catholic church's youth basketball team?

If that's not your cup of tea then "move on" and don't be a hater about it.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I honestly think at this point the gay issue was an excuse for some people to get out of the BSA and start their own organization. I only know of one Scout who is going to be joining this new organiza

I suppose the real question is why does anybody here care? The vote was taken, the folks at OMH followed through on their promise to leave and start a new organization. People look to be going with

Huzzar, I am going to go out on a limb here and guess that the name of your local Catholic youth basketball team is probably either something like St. Mary's (for example) Basketball Team or the CYO (

For all the talk of BSA units being Chartered, owned and operated by the church they meet at, It sure gets a big reaction when someone proposes to build a scouting group that is actually an integrated part of the church they meet at.

For all the talk of BSA units being Chartered, owned and operated by the church they meet at, It sure gets a big reaction when someone proposes to build a scouting group that is actually an integrated part of the church they meet at.
The left wing haters are gonna hate, TonyH. Simple as that.

I just wanted to point out their hypocrisy of trying to come off like "everyone is welcome" because they aren't. It's a farce. The entire top-down leadership is white, evangelical/conservative Christian males. The purpose of their formation was so they can be with their own kind and I'm pretty sure that means no Jews, African-Americans, or immigrants. Here are some photos of their convention. It doesn't look like an "everyone is welcome" type of group. http://snapwidget.com/tags/?id=traillifeusa#.UjnadWTXg-h

I'd have more respect for them if they just said that "Christian boys and their families are welcome to join." How hard is that?

I sincerely hope they succeed as they seem like a well-intentioned group for conservative, evangelical Christians in the BSA to flock to.

• Upvote 1
I just wanted to point out their hypocrisy of trying to come off like "everyone is welcome" because they aren't. It's a farce. The entire top-down leadership is white, evangelical/conservative Christian males. The purpose of their formation was so they can be with their own kind and I'm pretty sure that means no Jews, African-Americans, or immigrants. Here are some photos of their convention. It doesn't look like an "everyone is welcome" type of group. http://snapwidget.com/tags/?id=traillifeusa#.UjnadWTXg-h

I'd have more respect for them if they just said that "Christian boys and their families are welcome to join." How hard is that?

I sincerely hope they succeed as they seem like a well-intentioned group for conservative, evangelical Christians in the BSA to flock to.

That you even start off with "white" takes away any credibility that you might have had for the rest of your post. Your anger as well as your prejudice precede you. Give it break, your passion of hate can''t be good for the health of you or those around you. Barry

I don't like the rope a dope either.

simply call it what it is....

Wait a second there is a Brother in one of those pictures....

Um, those pics show at least one non-white guy. Maybe the only one, who knows. Conservative, evangelical Christians do come in many colors. Not a fan and certainly many are racists, but not all, and I have not heard any of the typical code words yet. I also have to admit non-whites are severely under represented in the Cub and BS programs from what I have seen.

Time will tell, the Tea Party couldn't hide their true colors for long and this group won't either if that is on their agenda.

How one can expect to build good citizens by only associating with those of the same religion in this country is the major flaw as I see it. This is a problem within many BSA units as well.

You're right! And he looks extremely glad to meet Mike Huckabee.

I stand corrected - TLUSA is a model of diversity (wink, wink).

I find it humorous that the folks that were pushing the conservatives out of the organization and now spending their time wringing their hands about the membership requirements of their new organization. You won folks! Congrats! Now, what are you doing for the new BSA? You all are like 60s radicals who spent their time fighting "the man" only to find out that they have become "the man" and don't know what to do anymore. Time to lead folks. Build a new beautiful diverse BSA and draw folks and money back into the fold. That's the promise, right?

• Upvote 1
I find it humorous that the folks that were pushing the conservatives out of the organization and now spending their time wringing their hands about the membership requirements of their new organization. You won folks! Congrats! Now, what are you doing for the new BSA? You all are like 60s radicals who spent their time fighting "the man" only to find out that they have become "the man" and don't know what to do anymore. Time to lead folks. Build a new beautiful diverse BSA and draw folks and money back into the fold. That's the promise, right?
Nobody won, and the conservatives were the ones pushing people out of the organization. It was a compromise, that nobody was happy with. In fact my UC tells me there is a new policy if a church has only members of their congregation they can kick gays out of the unit.

There was no promise of fame and fortune. There is only doing the right thing.

I am doing the same thing I have been doing for the BSA, what about you ?

I find this humorous: on the Trail LIfe forum a Mormon asked that the Statement of Faith be modified because Mormons don't believe in the Trinity nor the divinity of Jesus. He was told in no uncertain terms "no", that he was welcome to participate but he couldn't be leader. It appears the sword of exclusion cuts both ways. Actually, I find it ironic, not humorous.

I don't mean to imply the TLUSA is some white supremacist group or anything like that. But they are creating a monochromatic environment which often breeds contempt for outsiders.