Is there a LIMIT imposed by National on Den Chiefs?

I have den chiefs placed with our feeder pack. Sometimes 2 to 3 per den, but then they have 10-23 boys per den and that's a different story, and these boys earn their chops. Firstly they are placed for the cub scouting year, many go on to staff summer day camp, and most continue on for 2 years or more.

These boys get great exposure to leading a group and receive fantastic support and mentoring from the den leaders. We truly do have a really good pack! Every Den Chief is expected to complete the training and all do. These are the boys who become our best PL's. I know of no restriction on the number of den chiefs per pack or den.

And everything that Stosh said, ditto, diito and ditto!

When our Troop started getting intentional 10 years ago about sending the best and brightest Scouts "downstairs" to serve as Den Chiefs to the Pack, it was a total game-changer. Happier Cub leaders, and a super high crossover rate. When that high crossover (boys and parents) occurs Troop membership levels stay constant and Troop program improves which also makes us more attractive to folks from other Troops and Packs. Recruiting doesn't seem to be an issue for us.

Just make sure that the Den Cheifs are quality. That's the key. You can have one for each Den. Though, as Cubmaster I would really only want one for the Webelos I & II Dens since they are moving over sooner. The DC's could help out at Pack Meetings or Events as needed. If the DC was very fun and cool and wanted to hang out with the Tigers, that would be fun.

And, just to confirm...there isn't a rule from National.

I would add, Training is critical - For the Den Leader too. A Den Leader should sit through the Den Chief training, to understand how to use this new person during den meetings the right way.

I'd place them in Webelos dens first, but If I had enough, I think every den could use one.