boy in two packs, each one changes rank differently- how to proceed?

"JoeBob commented Today, 07:59 AM

Editing a comment

I'm trying to figure out what the boy will do to participate in two packs.

Does he do everything twice, once in each pack?

Does he use two books to keep straight what he's done where?"

I'm thinking he might pick and choose...... when pack A is doing something fun, he'll do that.... but won't bother himself when Pack A is doing something "not fun".... because pack B is doing something fun.

Just weird. Shouldn't be allowed IMO based on what little I know about the situation.

His mom makes him come to everything. If she's not around, he may choose not to participate, however.

Also, it would be the easiest thing to just have him do bears with us. The other bear just had his birthday, so they can start together. The other wolf just started and needs to do everything the other boy has already completed. The next wolf will join in October, so not long before there will be two.

Oh, I think I'm starting to track. he started in a regular pack since you folks don't do tiger..... but he's now switching to your LDS pack. So he's not really intending on keeping both tracks going in parallel. Do I have that right?

That being the case, then this question is just about the overlap transition.

Sorry, not LDS so I can't help.... just trying to understand.

Oh, I think I'm starting to track. he started in a regular pack since you folks don't do tiger..... but he's now switching to your LDS pack. So he's not really intending on keeping both tracks going in parallel. Do I have that right?

No, he did start in the other since we don't do Tigers, but is continuing in both. I have not asked how long the parents intend to keep him in both packs, but I'd assume at least through cub scouts. The wolf leader in our pack has done almost nothing in the past year. (I was bear leader, created plans that involved both wolves and bears, and carried most out on my own.) The leader who was webelos and now bear has done nothing for the past 4 months. (She may get back into it, but right now it's all an unknown- and as time goes on, things might pop up, especially since she plans to have a newborn baby in 6 months.) I'm sure the community den leaders are more involved, enthusiastic, and have a much better program going on.

What kind of vitamins do have to take to plan on having a baby in six months ? :)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Also, it would be the easiest thing to just have him do bears with us. The other bear just had his birthday, so they can start together. The other wolf just started and needs to do everything the other boy has already completed. The next wolf will join in October, so not long before there will be two.
Looks like you just answered your question.
It seems to me that the only real problem is that the boy is complaining. You might treat that as a discipline issue. it's very disrespectful.
Scouts don't like to repeat the subject they like the least. Unfortunately, that's usually the skill that needs repeating.

I have boy scouts who keep forgetting their flag protocol. They complain. We ignore them. Make them do it until they achieve flawless execution. Every patrol has to be its stand-alone color guard by the end of the year.

Christina:

Coming late to this topic.

What's your position within the LDS Pack? I know the mother is a Committee Memeber of the LDS Pack.

You need to check with the DE for the Charter's on both Units. Since the LDS pays for all Charters, how is the Parents paying for the non-LDS Pack?

Once a rank is submitted to Council, the Scout is that Rank. So there really isn't any turning back in that area. Yes, the LDS has it's process. (Not debating that at all)

It's going to get weird quick when he gets to the 11 Year Old program. Since he is still within the Primary but can be in Boy Scouts. The 11 YO's basically kept seperate from the Troop in the LDS world. This is not the case within the non-LDS.

As for the Leadership part within the Primary, you might need to go to the Bishop and explain that these people are not living up to their Calling. My one suggestion is to see if there are Young Men who are Eagle's and not Married yet to see if they want to come help out in the Primary. Some of them just might love doing this. It's giving back to Scouts and their Ward.

Christina:

What's your position within the LDS Pack? I know the mother is a Committee Memeber of the LDS Pack.

You need to check with the DE for the Charter's on both Units. Since the LDS pays for all Charters, how is the Parents paying for the non-LDS Pack?

Once a rank is submitted to Council, the Scout is that Rank. So there really isn't any turning back in that area. Yes, the LDS has it's process. (Not debating that at all)

It's going to get weird quick when he gets to the 11 Year Old program. Since he is still within the Primary but can be in Boy Scouts. The 11 YO's basically kept seperate from the Troop in the LDS world. This is not the case within the non-LDS.

As for the Leadership part within the Primary, you might need to go to the Bishop and explain that these people are not living up to their Calling. My one suggestion is to see if there are Young Men who are Eagle's and not Married yet to see if they want to come help out in the Primary. Some of them just might love doing this. It's giving back to Scouts and their Ward.

What is the significance of the Eagle's marital status ?

Nothing really. My point is men come to the Church meetings on weekends for fellow-ship. They are dating and working with no other real commitments. So, they have more free time. They are also great for Unit Commissioners to help as well. A lot of these men are a great asset to their Ward/Stake and can help.

Christina:

I have asked the scout master if there were any boy scouts willing to help. There are none. The boy scout organization didn't have very good leadership, until a few months ago. Our ward has issues and not just with scouts.