Gift for outgoing Cubmaster

I would like to get the outgoing Cubmaster a gift thanking him for his two years of service to our pack. As always seems to be the case, he stepped up to be a leader when no one else would do it, and he has done a great job of supporting the den leaders and the scouts. However, he is not a die-hard Scouter, so a gift that is solely scout-related would probably just go in the closet. A gift card is too impersonal. What have your packs or troops given as gifts to outgoing leaders?

you could get him some beers in the bar at the Eagles, If your feeling spendy you could get him something from the top shelf......

When I retired as cubmaster they got me a book of scoutmaster minutes, a nice backpack/book bag from the scout shop.

Does he/she have any hobbys your aware of????

you could get him some beers in the bar at the Eagles, If your feeling spendy you could get him something from the top shelf......

When I retired as cubmaster they got me a book of scoutmaster minutes, a nice backpack/book bag from the scout shop.

Great idea about the beer! Maybe a backpack filled with beer to make it more scouting-oriented.

How about a thermometer.

Naw if you want something to really awe them at the next campout this is it

http://www.wearyourbeer.com/thirst-beer-drinking-novelty-hard-p-22621.html?gclid=CPCgj8PMnbkCFfA7MgodhRIALg

Not useful, but I was thinking that a mini pack flag, on the order of 5inx7in, in a nice frame would be a nice memento. I could see hanging it in my home office. Better than a card I think.

Food is always a gift that gets used. No not a tin of cheese lovers popcorn. :) Depending on your budget, Omaha Steaks is a nice gift. Overpriced, but they are good. You can usually find deals online. A Honey Baked Ham goes over big I'm my house. Tickets to a sports game,mid he likes sports. If you really want to go all out get a Lexus with a big bow in the roof. :)

when I took over as CM we got the outgoing CM a professionally carved walking stick, and all the boys signed it in Sharpie. My older son's CM, we got him a pretty big gift cert to a nice steakhouse in the city... mostly to thank his wife for her patience and longsuffering lol.

when I took over as CM we got the outgoing CM a professionally carved walking stick' date=' and all the boys signed it in Sharpie. My older son's CM, we got him a pretty big gift cert to a nice steakhouse in the city... mostly to thank his wife for her patience and longsuffering lol. [/quote']

I'd like that. I'd like to amend my early suggestion of the framed min-pack flag to add "signed by the boys".

Just my opinion, but I think generic gifts will be forgotten. While you may remember the pack every time you use a knife that you carry a lot, if it's not a frequent use thing it might be sort of forgotten..... and if it is a frequent use thing it may very well get lost or broken.

I love food gifts generally, much better than something that you don't want or need, but it seems to me in the case of a gift from the pack you're after something of a more long term memento.

• 1 month later...
If you are spending the cash, there is a swiss army knife that has a USB drive in it. I have given that some of my Eagles as they went off to college.

http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Flash-Drive-Silver/dp/B00A16V10G/ref=pd_sim_sg_3

From the picture it looks like it is just a USB drive that is shaped like a Swiss Army knife. I don't actually see that there is any knife associated with this. Is that true?