Is BALOO required for pack campout ?

Getting back to the original question -

Yes there needs to be at least 1 person that has completed BALOO training on any outdoor Cub Scout activity. In my Council, BALOO covers the policies and procedures leaders need to plan a fun and safe activity for everyone involved. It includes our Council's policies on cub camping in addition to what is in the BALOO training manual. My council also has a policy that you do not need a BALOO trained person for the Council's Summer Camp or District Day Camp since the Council and/or District plan all the activities and provide qualified staff.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck it is a duck....   I'd get leaders Baloo trained, it is easy and file trip plans for each trip. It helps protect you for the just in case moment. I

And that's why registration fees keep climbing. We all are getting more pathetically dependent on pros for everything. Way to go entitlement generation!

Welcome to the forum!   First of all Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation training. - Contact your local Boy Scout troops. I'm sure there might be a SM or ASM who may have had that training or

I agree with KDD - Our district only charges $25 for those training and you are given printed materials and fed lunch, coffee & snacks. Not a money maker (usually any left over $ goes as a donation to whatever church or scout hall hosts the training)