Webelos and no den

Apparently scouts is back on. Cub master lady came over to tell me that we're having pack meeting tomorrow night- basically because she's the bishop's wife and could over-rule him in this matter. She says we're doing den meetings again- starting next week and we're not joining up with the other pack because they were rude and don't like us. That's her version anyway. She says she's going to do webelos and I'll just have to do wolves and bears. I don't have any plans, but I'll start making some.
A few months back at a music festival, at the "youth" area Home Depot was giving away Tool Box kits. I think that they sell them for about $10... My son (Wolf) put it together with minimal help from me in about 20 minutes. I'd allocate 45 minutes if I had a Den, but very doable.
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently scouts is back on. Cub master lady came over to tell me that we're having pack meeting tomorrow night- basically because she's the bishop's wife and could over-rule him in this matter. She says we're doing den meetings again- starting next week and we're not joining up with the other pack because they were rude and don't like us. That's her version anyway. She says she's going to do webelos and I'll just have to do wolves and bears. I don't have any plans, but I'll start making some.
This http://www.amazon.com/Tool-Box-Wood-Craft-Kit/dp/B001NZ5SL2 looks a lot like the one my son did as a cub scout.
Maybe one of the dads has a shop in his garage and can make the kits for you using scrap plywood or pine boards. If he pre drilled the holes the boys would just need to screw it together, lightly sand and stain or paint.

When I did craftsmen I hauled all my stuff to the parking lot of the school and one adult manned each power station and guided the Webelos in using the tool. I didn't know about GTSS back then. We had the use the compound miter saw, press and electric screw driver. I did not let them use the nail gun. :). We made squirrel release boxes for the conservation dept.

Pack meeting was tonight. We're not joining up with any pack (unless that changes). I'm webelos leader along with the cub master. Former webelos leader is now bears. Wolf leader stays the same. Bears leader wants nothing to do with wolf leader. Wolf leader has been doing nothing, tends to get sick, and refuses to plan. Perhaps this will get her to step up and do something- or the wolves may play a lot of candy crush this year. I don't know what new bear leader plans to do since she's supposedly been too sick to do scouts for the past 3 months. I asked a dad about helping with wooden projects and he would love to come help and has the saw thing that the boys need to use. Cub committee member (dictator) told us no meetings at all until she says so (not next week), yet cub master wants to start meetings next week. (Perhaps this is a difference of opinion because cub master has a webelos and cub committee member's son is in two troops, so she's not worried about her son getting stuff done- especially since he's a bear in the other troop, but only a wolf in ours. I don't know whether we should make an exception for him or not and hope none of the other boys notice.)

Cub committee member said she would only award the boys things that were done with the pack this summer, yet she awarded her son with one not done in the pack. She also awarded the boys belt loops that they didn't complete. Cub master asked her about it and she said to just give it to the boys anyway. later on the cub master decided to be her own self and collected the belt loops from the boys, told them we'd finish it up and would award it next time. (yay! Someone with integrity!)

Hey, I'm officially the webelos leader now. :) They told me I could go set up our den's visits with the boy scout troop whenever I wanted, so if it happens next week it's okay.

I really hate this. I don't think I like working with people.

Pack meeting was tonight. We're not joining up with any pack (unless that changes). I'm webelos leader along with the cub master. Former webelos leader is now bears. Wolf leader stays the same. Bears leader wants nothing to do with wolf leader. Wolf leader has been doing nothing, tends to get sick, and refuses to plan. Perhaps this will get her to step up and do something- or the wolves may play a lot of candy crush this year. I don't know what new bear leader plans to do since she's supposedly been too sick to do scouts for the past 3 months. I asked a dad about helping with wooden projects and he would love to come help and has the saw thing that the boys need to use. Cub committee member (dictator) told us no meetings at all until she says so (not next week), yet cub master wants to start meetings next week. (Perhaps this is a difference of opinion because cub master has a webelos and cub committee member's son is in two troops, so she's not worried about her son getting stuff done- especially since he's a bear in the other troop, but only a wolf in ours. I don't know whether we should make an exception for him or not and hope none of the other boys notice.)

Cub committee member said she would only award the boys things that were done with the pack this summer, yet she awarded her son with one not done in the pack. She also awarded the boys belt loops that they didn't complete. Cub master asked her about it and she said to just give it to the boys anyway. later on the cub master decided to be her own self and collected the belt loops from the boys, told them we'd finish it up and would award it next time. (yay! Someone with integrity!)

Hey, I'm officially the webelos leader now. :) They told me I could go set up our den's visits with the boy scout troop whenever I wanted, so if it happens next week it's okay.

Wow, that's a whole lot of corruption to deal with in an organization. How do you stand it ?

I have a son in the organization. Except I do have the information needed to have him join another pack. I am still called to do this and perhaps I add some voice of reason in there somewhere.