Salute to the "Go-to" people in the unit

They may or may not be registered adult leaders. More often I think, they are just skilled parents who step in and fill a short term need. They need no uniform, patch , or beads. They are

Morning Coffee Maker - a scout is trustworthy but at coffee I draw a line. a thick line. Making coffee, like setting a fracture, building a skyscraper, requires an experienced, skilled professional. We have one adult in our unit so qualified that the mere brewing awakens sleeping adults more surely than the loudest Reveille.

Stove Guy - gets the most stubborn stoves to work under the worse conditions.

Outdoors Guy - usually has a Bass Pro, Cabelas cap and wears camo. Knows how to spin cast, start an outboard, handle boat trailer, setup camp kitchen, catch and cook game, makes jerky, has the most comfortable and functional camp chairs. If he setups his satellite dish, he is likely watching Duck Dynasty by campfire.

Trailer backup man - can backup the troop trailer through an obstacle course of trees and boulders.

Graphic Arts Guy - need lettering on a trailer or a banner, printing done

And I'm sure there are more...

In our general interest crew, some really good neighbors ...

Sportsman's Club Owner/NRA Range Safety Officer

Ex-Military Officer/Climbing Enthusiast

Roofer/Climbing Enthusiast

Mom who teaches the girls backpacking hygiene.

Cub/boy-scout moms willing to camp with us (even though their kids aren't venturers).

Coffee shop owner. (Sure, I make can espresso anywhere, but I ain't accomodating each venturer's favorite mocha-java-mango-vanilla-latte.)

Historic cemetery CEO with 2400 military grave markers. (Gives us a district-wide service project to manage some evening before Memorial day.)

Mom who hunts for gear at garage-sales.

Dad with five kayaks.

Property owners near really nice trails!

Breaking Newsman - when not in SUV charging his phone, sits in camp chair announcing how many bars he has, sports scores, state of impending weather and major controversial jury verdicts around the campfire.
That guy is a distraction and annoyance, he's not praiseworthy.
Breaking Newsman - when not in SUV charging his phone, sits in camp chair announcing how many bars he has, sports scores, state of impending weather and major controversial jury verdicts around the campfire.
Have you had your coffee yet ? :)

Of course he is worthless. He is the same guy that only shows up if there is a Starbucks within 30 minutes of the campsite and actually drives his SUV 60 miles for a soy latte in the morning.

Pinewood Derby Guy - stores the track in his garage, sets up the track fixes the sensors and know the software inside and out. Mysteriously his sons win 1st and 2nd place every year.
I'll have you know my sons won first, second and fourth last year.

Despite having 3 sons, I thank god I didn't sweep all 3, being that I was also running the scoring.

They honestly did all the work, I just showed them how...

Pinewood Derby Guy - stores the track in his garage, sets up the track fixes the sensors and know the software inside and out. Mysteriously his sons win 1st and 2nd place every year.
Oh my gosh! I know that guy!!!