I was wondering if my troop went on a trip with 3 adults one recent Eagle Scout (now over 18) and one Boy Scout 14 years old if we all slept in the same quarters if this was a violation of youth protection?

Now its 3 adult leaders, 3 past Eagle Scouts, and one recent Eagle scout, all Eagles under 18 and one boy scout 14 years old. Would the u18 Eagles count towards the 4 scout minimum? Total 8 people same quarters. Still in violation?

From the Guide to Safe Scouting -

"Adults and youths of the same gender may occupy dormitory or single-room accommodations, provided there is a minimum of two adults and four youths. A minimum of one of the adults is required to be Youth Protection–trained. Adults must establish separation barriers or privacy zones such as a temporary blanket or a sheet wall in order to keep their sleeping area and dressing area separated from the youth area."

Per BSA, in a Boy Scout Troop, a YOUTH is defined as anyone under 18 years of age.

I am not sure why you keep separating out the Eagle Scouts. If they are registered with BSA, and under 18, they are considered youth members.

As for the "3 adult leaders" the Guide to Safe Scouting states the MINIMUM required for all trips/outings is -

Two registered adult leaders, or one registered leader and a parent of a participating Scout or other adult, one of whom must be 21 years of age or older

Now its 3 adult leaders' date=' 3 past Eagle Scouts, and one recent Eagle scout, all Eagles under 18 and one boy scout 14 years old. Would the u18 Eagles count towards the 4 scout minimum? Total 8 people same quarters. Still in violation?[/quote']

"Eagle Scout" is not a category of persons as relates to Youth Protection--they're either over 18 "adults" or under 18 youth.