Hello from the New Girl

I would first like to say Hello to everyone. I am new to the whole scouting thing. My son is a Tiger Scout here in the FL Panhandle. We are a small group of only five boys. We have a Den Leader, but all the parents take turns doing a meeting so that he doesn't have all the burden of it. This meeting coming up is my first one to manage and I am terrified. I am not very good at public speaking, so I hope that I don't break out in hives in front of 5 little First Graders. Thanks for a place to learn more about Scouting.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I'm at Tyndall AFB in Panama City! Welcome to scouting! Will your group of boys be attending our Space Derby this weekend at the base? Everybody was invited at the Rountable. And it is still not too late to join in on the fun! Let me know if you would like to attend.

Angela

Thanks for replying. I was at the build that your pack hosted and I know that our boys had so much fun. I am not sure if I will be going to the race or if his dad will go. We have a 3 year old little girl too, and she is a handfull. But please tell everyone thanks for being so nice and helpful. Our pack is trying to get back on track after our pack leader resigned due to medical reasons.

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer

You should come and bring your 2 year old daughter! There will be plenty of children around and probably even some older Girl Scouts to help take care of her and keep her occupied.

Everyone of us has kids so we all know what it is like to have a 2 year old that is a handful! I'm sure no one would be offended by her presence.

Angela