How did you find Scouter.com?

Out of curiosity how did everyone find Scouter.com? Were you looking for something specific or was it serendipity?

I was looking for a non-sectarian prayer for my son's Eagle Court of Honor because we are not permitted to use our own prayers. (Apparently you have to use an official BSA sanctioned prayer.) I googled “Scouts+Nonsectarian†and ended up with a thread in the Issues & Politics area. (Not quite what I was after, LOL!)

PS

We still haven't come up with a prayer that we like, so I'm open for suggestions...

Serendipity.

Eagle Courts of Honor are not a BSA-scripted ceremony; they're whatever you make them and should reflect the things your son values; if that's a druid prayer, that's a druid prayer. If the CO is imposing some kind of rule they have, fine, do it at the closest park and invite the people who aren't morons (less meatballs in your budget, that way, too ;) )

It was recommended to me by another crew advisor who I met at an Area Venturing Officer's Association meeting. At the time I was getting a lot of cross-talk of how things were to be done between my crew and my troop. I've been asked to open meetings with prayer a lot. I don't think it was because I always matched the religion of the folks who asked me. I'd like to think it was because the folks knew I had the best interests of everyone present at heart. And honestly, love makes up for a whole lot of unorthodoxy. So if there's someone like that who, although likely to step on some of your "hot buttons", you feel has their heart in the right place, ask them. If not, I like s99's advice. Hold it someplace where sacred cows aren't offended.

I don't recall how I found Scouter.com. Most likely a Google search for info on some scouting topic.

As for the other part of the question that seems to have strayed from the stated topic - there are two important points: (1) an ECOH is typically not a troop function - it is conducted at the discretion of the scout and his family; and (2) there is no official script or proscription list of things that may not be uttered at the event.

Serendipity.

Eagle Courts of Honor are not a BSA-scripted ceremony; they're whatever you make them and should reflect the things your son values; if that's a druid prayer, that's a druid prayer. If the CO is imposing some kind of rule they have, fine, do it at the closest park and invite the people who aren't morons (less meatballs in your budget, that way, too ;) )

It's not an issue with the CO; they're Methodist and don't really care one way or the other. It's an issue for Council. The guy my son has to meet with regarding his project said he has to use the Eagle Court Workbook. It list many prayers in it to choose from, but they are all Christian. I found a good one from Wales, but it's not BSA approved (You've got it here: http://archives.scouter.com/Archives/Scouts-L/199511/0057.html) and my son doesn't like it because it rhymes. We've been unable to come up with anything that both he and council can agree on.
It was recommended to me by another crew advisor who I met at an Area Venturing Officer's Association meeting. At the time I was getting a lot of cross-talk of how things were to be done between my crew and my troop. I've been asked to open meetings with prayer a lot. I don't think it was because I always matched the religion of the folks who asked me. I'd like to think it was because the folks knew I had the best interests of everyone present at heart. And honestly, love makes up for a whole lot of unorthodoxy. So if there's someone like that who, although likely to step on some of your "hot buttons", you feel has their heart in the right place, ask them. If not, I like s99's advice. Hold it someplace where sacred cows aren't offended.
My son has already decided that absolutely NO ADULTS will be speaking as his ECOH. One of the guys from the troop will be leading the prayer, they just have to come up with one that Council approves of. The ceremony will be held at the Public Library since that is where he did his project, so it's not 'hallowed grounds.' (Except to those of us who visit the library religiously, LOL!)
Is there anywhere to find information on Venturing? Not much is mentioned here and there doesn't seem to be much information on it period.
Serendipity.

Courts of Honor are the troop's business, Eagle CoH are the boy's business. There's no national BSA script, requirement, approval, etc. of what is said or done in any court of honor beyond the basic character or safety requirements of any scouting event. Is the Council planning to send a spy to the ceremony?

You must live in the worst council on the planet, I have to remember to be less rough when replying to you in the future :p

Not sure if you are talking about the scout council or your group council. The scout council should have NO say in approval of a prayer; their only participation is the award itself and whatever the unit and family asks.
skeptic, there's some kind of wannabe Puritan uprising going on in that council.

K, I like your son's decision. Honestly, I would just tell his buddy to pray something from his heart using his own words. Just like what he might do for grace or bedtime. That's what Baden Powell would have done.

For venturing, did you try this: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Venturing.aspx

Then look up all the crew advisors from your woodbadge class and give them a call.

Out of curiosity how did everyone find Scouter.com? Were you looking for something specific or was it serendipity?

I was looking for a non-sectarian prayer for my son's Eagle Court of Honor because we are not permitted to use our own prayers. (Apparently you have to use an official BSA sanctioned prayer.) I googled “Scouts+Nonsectarian†and ended up with a thread in the Issues & Politics area. (Not quite what I was after, LOL!)

PS

We still haven't come up with a prayer that we like, so I'm open for suggestions...

Here are a few:

http://usscouts.org/scoutduty/sd2gc65.asp

Try Scout non-denominational prayer.