Posted prematurely...might I ask your interest????? I can send one.....just need to wait for another one to fall off him. Kinda award asking a family to root around their house looking for the Godzilla of bed bugs
I work in a hospital so do you prefer formalin or alcohol. I doubt getting a sample will be a problem.
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted prematurely...might I ask your interest????? I can send one.....just need to wait for another one to fall off him. Kinda award asking a family to root around their house looking for the Godzilla of bed bugs
He's going to extract DNA from the blood in the bug's gut and produce a clone, muahahahaaaa
Scouter99, That only works for dinosaurs, lol.

Basementdweller, Alcohol is the best. The preservative eventually will be 95% ethanol. PM me and I'll give you contact info.

Edit: I'm getting rid of a few hundred very old topo maps from assorted places around the USA, if you'd like a few for the boys to practice with let me know. Offer is good to anyone else as well.

He needs extras for next Saturday's SyFy Channel movie Mega Bed Bugs vs Sharktopus.
Perhaps you could offer to work with the family by helping the scout put together a kit of bedbug-free gear and clothing that stays in your garage or at the home of another leader or friend. Then for outings, he stops there first, stores his clothes and shoes in a tote, changes into his stored clothes and attends the outing. On return, reverse the procedure. I think it would be very fair to offer that solution or the alternative to stop participating until the problem is resolved.

His gear isn't contaminated in this scenario, at least after the initial cleaning. Start with a complete set of clean gear, right down to skivvys, socks and shoes. I'd want everything new or donated, actually.

His infested clothing and shoes are stored isolated in a tote, either in a garage or outside. Solar heat can only help, here! If they are in his hair, they should be easily removed by vigorous brushing. If he is 'decontaminated' before the outing, then his gear should remain clean. It's key to start with clean gear, then maintain it by avoiding cross-contamination with stuff from home. After an outing, reverse the process and send him home in the clothes he arrived in for the outing. Clean gear is stored by the leader until the next outing.

It's a PITA, but it IS an alternate idea that allows the scout to continue to participate on outings.

I live in a high bedbug infested area, like to the point that I have identified bed bugs in most of our local stores. I get the pain of dealing with them.

Pack,

Can't get PM working, but would love some topo maps.

I can't seem to get it to work either. I'm not sure how to get the contact info from you without making it public. I'll contact Terry and see if they can find a fix for PM. I thought it has been working....evidently not. How many maps do you want? 20? 50?

I'm going to set up an anonymous email account and put the address here in the forums so that you can send me contact info. I'll try to have that done tonight. KAM, I'm not sure about Texas. I have about 500 maps and they're from all over but I don't have a memory of Texas. I just pick different ones for the boys to use to practice reading the symbols and orienting their compasses. Sometimes they enjoy looking at the terrain from other states (some are more interesting than others). I'll get to work on that email now.

I'm going to set up an anonymous email account and put the address here in the forums so that you can send me contact info. I'll try to have that done tonight. KAM, I'm not sure about Texas. I have about 500 maps and they're from all over but I don't have a memory of Texas. I just pick different ones for the boys to use to practice reading the symbols and orienting their compasses. Sometimes they enjoy looking at the terrain from other states (some are more interesting than others). I'll get to work on that email now.
I was going to suggest a burner email. If you have any of MO I could use some. For the boys and myself :)
OK, if anyone wants some maps, email your mailing/shipping address to me at:

packsaddle@lycos.com

Let me know how many you want and if you're willing to pay postage. I'll send them rolled in a standard mailing tube.

I"m going to keep this email account, by the way...unless someone spams it. In that case I'll kill the email account.

Don't make me kill this account. That's not a challenge, by the way. I really do want to keep it.

Well your gonnabe disappointed with the clone...... more than a little dim witted scrawny white guy.....with a variety of health and mental issues.

Just sayin