Hi everyone,

Our Pack Committee will be holding its yearly planning meeting in a few weeks. We'd like to tweak our plan to fit the new Journey to Excellence requirements for 2014. However, I don't see them on the scouting.org website (http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/Awards/JourneyToExcellence.aspx). When do they usually post the requirements for the following year? I know they don't change much from year to year, but it would be nice to know what to expect going into our planning meeting.

Thanks in advance.

partiolainen

I've never seen then any time before winter recharter - that's when we read over them and plan out the year. I realize that is easier for a troop that is year round than it is for a pack that is based more on the school year.

Plan based on what your boys really enjoyed in the past year, and you'll score well on JTE. If you did JTE last year, pull it out and pick the one thing y'all would like to improve on. Chances are a number of categories will follow. It's unlikely that the new JTE will differ from the old by much, so set your goals using last year's rubric and make plans to review them every three months to see if there's something new from national or council that would incline you to adjust any targets.

If you recharter before May 2014 you'll be using the 2013 requirements, anyway. And, like Qwasze said, there likely won't be big changes, and in fact the requirements got easier from 2011 to 2012, and it could go that way again.