NWPAS, I sure hope you are too busy to be bothered with checking this. But, in case your are staring at your mobile device instead ... you can take one of the plays from one of my scouts' books.

If you find a scout from another country or a soldier about your size, ask to trade uniforms. To of my boys came back with full sets of army digitals!

If you find yourself at the head of a long Krispy Creme line (more likely if you are wearing army digitals). Buy a couple dozen doughnuts and start selling them to the folks who've been waiting for them behind you.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some visitors are more equal than others. VIP visitors may enter and participate in program areas, etc.

"The Summit officially threw open its gates to visitors on Wednesday, attracting 1,600 people within the first hour and a half of opening.

The Boy Scouts of America says that up to 50,000 visitors may attend the event, but when asked for the number of passes sold, they said they are not tracking these totals.:rolleyes:"

http://www.register-herald.com/jamboree/x1724755848/Scouts-welcome-visitors

The story talked about the possible number of visitors. It never said that they would be participating in the program areas. Knowing people who visited, they were only allowed in the visitor center as advertised. Knowing a number of staffers and the adult leadership for our 4 contingent troops and 1 crew, they were never bothered by visitors being allowed inside the Jambo footprint. They had the place to themselves.
Some visitors are more equal than others. VIP visitors may enter and participate in program areas, etc.

"The Summit officially threw open its gates to visitors on Wednesday, attracting 1,600 people within the first hour and a half of opening.

The Boy Scouts of America says that up to 50,000 visitors may attend the event, but when asked for the number of passes sold, they said they are not tracking these totals.:rolleyes:"

Neither I nor that article stated that all visitors would have access. I stated that VIP visitors did, e.g.,American Legion.

Koutz, Cook and Butler ended their day with an exhilarating and cooling 50 miles-per-hour glide down a 1,500-foot zip line. First, however, was a 30-minute climb up to the launch tower atop one of the highest hills on the site. "That was worse than marching through the jungle in Vietnam," reflected Koutz. Still, a big smile creased his face as the zip line adventure ended. "I’d do it again right now – if I didn’t have to climb up that hill again," he said.

http://www.legion.org/scouting/216456/national-commander-impressed-scouting-site

Interesting they let those folks do the zip line and my scout wasn't able to participate because of line length and schedule...

Although I'm in favor of the visitors being banned from participating in the activities, I don't like the idea that their access to the entire site was limited. The comment that all scouting activities should be open to parents is a fact. That fact was violated.