Sig Sauer Donates 70 engraved handguns to Jambo

Sig Sauer is donating 54 Mosquito pistols and 16 P250 pistols with BSA logo engraving, which Venturers and Boy Scouts who meet the Venturing age requirement (14–21 years old) will use in their shooting activities at National Jamboree.

http://www.ammoland.com/2013/07/sig-sauer-donates-pistols-to-boy-scouts-of-america/#axzz2YTOfwxQ6

Locally, our scout camp is already out of 22 ammo. :(

Sorry about the ammo. Did you catch the post about the scout camp in Nebraska? Once they got the word they had huge donations.
I have not participated in guns since my rifle team days in high school so I am not up current events. From what I gathered was there was a run on ammo after Boston. But 22 ? People use 22 for defense?
Sorry about the ammo. Did you catch the post about the scout camp in Nebraska? Once they got the word they had huge donations.
KDD, If you will waste an hour or so to peruse the gun 'nutter' blogs, you'll understand that this has virtually nothing to do with anything rational unless you think stocking up for the 'jack-booted thugs' or 'zombie apocalypse' is rational...and a lot of them do - think it's rational. The fear of having their guns (and ammo) pried from their cold dead fingers has caused a run on every type of popular ammo, especially if works in a semi-automatic, personal defense, or 'military-style' weapon. Not only are they buying up nearly everything that can be produced, but the feds have aggravated things by also buying heavily, ostensibly to train new TSA, FBI,...etc. agency enforcement types (a.k.a. jack-booted thugs). But I have read some claims that when the 'apocalypse' finally arrives (and man, they're getting tired of waiting too, I can tell you that), even the lowly 22lr round, a single one, might be so precious as to cost maybe 5-10 dollars each. Heck, don't even think about gold, invest instead in 'lead'!

So if I go to a gun store right now, I can find a lot of the normal (and less popular) hunting rounds which most people use in bolt-action rifles. And I can find way-overpriced .38, .40, .41, .45, 9mm, 10mm, .357, and just a little .223 ammo for sale in extremely limited quantities. If it works in something you can hold in one hand and is semi-automatic, don't count on being able to find the ammo. Once in a while a few boxes of 22lr will show up. It all gets snapped up by the survivalist types in just a short time. The ammo 'bubble' may still be expanding for some calibers, especially if its good for killing at theaters and elementary schools.

But things are beginning to relax a little I think, at least for some things. The shelves are now restocked with different kinds of shotgun shells and the odd calibers (270, 30-06, etc.) are there. But these guys are still lining up for the doors to open the morning after any shipment comes in. It's like the wee hours of black Friday except instead of people mobbing each other over cheesy Wal-mart specials, they're politely lining up and accepting the 'host' as the store engages in holy 'gun communion' - limited access to 'salvation' of course.

Go with the air rifles at camp.

It is the dumbest thing I have ever seen.....

My coworkers who are nutters have tens of thousands of rounds of 223 and 9mm...... I keep asking them for what.....

Like Pack said.....

They believe they will have to revolt against the government or the zombie apocalypse is coming.

I don't get it......and the 22lr is non exsistant locally....I am glad I have a couple of bricks a head.

Since y'all were talking 'Nutters' this is only slightly off topic:

Has your family talked about their 'Riot Plan' for when Zimmerman is acquitted?

Mrs. JoeBob works at a Country Club 1/4 mile from a heavily Black politically active area. She scoffs, but I'm trying to think ahead;.

Be Prepared...

If there is one lesson to be learned from Boston, if the government wants to hunt you down, they will succeed, no matter how much firepower you have.

The government will always have bigger guns and more ammo than you have.

The Sig mosquito is a great handgun, but it very picky about ammo. I have one myself and with the ammo shortage I have had to go with whatever I can get my hands on for using at the range and I have to deal with at least 1 or 2 jams with a 10 round clip. I only have 1 box of my good ammo left and I am not wasting it at the range!

Since when does being Venturing age, rather than being a Venturer, qualify a Boy Scout to participate in activities restricted to Venturers?
Since many councils are padding their numbers by sending Scouts as Venturers perhaps?
Since when does being Venturing age, rather than being a Venturer, qualify a Boy Scout to participate in activities restricted to Venturers?
One might also ask the converse, what would make a Venturer more qualified to participate in an activity than a Boy Scout of equal age, both having been provided with training?