Eagle Scout Project Thank Yous . . .

My son has received a tremendous amount of help in both time and donations while working on his Eagle Project. (Crossing my fingers and hoping it will be complete this weekend.) What are some appropriate “thank you†gift ideas for those who have gone the extra mile?

We had one company donate all the lumber for the project. Another donated the concrete and even came out and helped him pour it. Somehow a thank you note just doesn’t seem like enough.

What about hosting a “Thank You Event?â€Â

I'd appreciate any ideas.

What about hosting a “Thank You Event?â€Â

Some of us might call it an Eagle Court of Honor. Fairly common to print a ECOH program listing waypoints on the Eagle trail, Eagle project description, thanking mentors, sponsors,etc along with photos. You get the idea.

Great idea. Just make sure it is not a Scouting event and have an open bar. It will be a smashing success.
I like this. It's way better than handing them a plant or something equally useless at the ECOH.
You could have a plaque made that the donor is able to display at their business. Some with like: "With appreciation for your donation to support xxxx's Eagle Scout service project benefitting xxxx"
a plaque at the site of the project and possible another one to display in their business is a pretty common way nonprofits thank their donors. though if you truly have the money for it an after court of honor party somewhere is going to be definitely enjoyed.

If you have a local paper, taking out an ad might be good. "The family of Eagle Scout would like to publicly thank the following for contributing to his successful project, : ."

Some small papers would probably accept a letter to the editor from the boy.

Keep in mind that donors sometimes want a little anonymity. You know your contributors better than any of us to make that judgement.

What's wrong with an old-fashioned, hand-written, heart-felt thank-you note?
Nothing--and everyone will be getting thank you notes as well. However, he had several people go above and beyond. In his project he stated that even though it would be more expensive he wished to purchase all materials locally rather than drive 100 miles to use Lowes or Home Depot and get one of their $100 Eagle Project Scholarships. He wanted the money to stay in the community. Most of the businesses were willing to give him a discount to help keep cost down, but some really did more.

He tore down an old fence and built a new one for the library, then had to pour a concrete pad to build a new shed for the library as well. The local sawmill donated all the lumber he needed. A cement contractor donated the cement and came out to teach him how to pour it and put in the J bolts. Two other contractors helped him build the shed. My carpentry skills are marginal at best so if it weren't for all the help he would have been building a shed from one of the kits you can order at the hardware store.

Everything looks great and the library is tickled. (He still needs to build a gate for the fence and get it stained, but you know how boy-led project run. Because it can take 6 or more months for his Eagle Application, which might not even be approved, he needs to be getting Thank You's out now.