Anybody going to the Summit area as a visitor or trader?

Last Jamboree there were lots of Scouters in Fredericksburg motels and at the trading site a hotel there. This time, there's a trade-o-ree set in Mt Hope, but no lodgings there. I assume anyone not staying at the Jamboree will be in Charleston.

So, anybody plan to make the trip who is not going to be on staff or troop staff? Where are you going to be? I'm considering whether to include it in my vacation plans.

I planned to go as a visitor, but my Pack scheduled Summer Camp for part of the week. The more I thought about it, the idea of driving nine hours, pay to see a fraction of the place, and not be able to visit my daughter and crew in their campsite did not seem too appealing after all.

I must be getting really old. Huge crowds and long lines hold no appeal for me. I know my boys don't enjoy long lines either. I have never really heard positive experiences about a Jamboree but I will be all ears.
Every single scout (not scouter) that I have talked to has stated that a National Jamboree was the top or second to Philmont for a scouting experience. Remember it's not for the adults, it's for the scouts. But some of us get to come along and share a portion of that experience.

I see absolutely no reason to go to the summit to the visitor center..... When I attended...Folks from our home council would drop by our campsite.....I remember getting browies and such from the visitors on a regular basis.....

With your scout having to go to the visitor center to meet you, I see absolutely no reason to go and disrupt his day.