The idiots running this jamboree

Beav, you are a moderator? That is so cool. I feel like I know a movie star, let's have lunch so I can touch your hat. Barry
Barry, you should totally petition for an upgrade. I think "Old-Timer" would be just the ticket. Or maybe just "Highly Experienced". ;)
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone have a phone number to call at national to get this resolved???????/    

After reading these comments from so many different folks, I sure am glad we took our troop to Virginia in 2010 to visit what may very well have been the last good Jamboree!

Not to be in defense but I will. The extra fee for the whitewater rafting and the technical climbing were announced in December or January. It was in the webinar notes posted on the bsajamboree webs

So did anyone else get the last round of emails from national??? I will say that at least they put a phone number in this one....well scout sons physical has mysteriously disappeared but I printed and mailed it in February..... The wait on hold 30 minutes and repeated disconnects weren't too bad..... person I spoke with spoke very plain English. Glad to see it wasn't out sourced to india

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone one else got the email that their payment for whitewater rafting may or may not have been accepted or processed????? so your scout needs to have a credit or debit card just in case it wasn't.......

Then the email that my sons immunization records aren't right??????? Really looked at them on my hard copy....all the dates are filled out...but he better bring the extra paper signed by his doctor.......

Oh BTW weren't we supposed to receive our scouts schedule the last week of June???????????????hmmmmmmm That never happened.........

I really hope they remember to buy food while they are down there

I received the same email trail. I called in, spoke with a very patient clerk. She took down all my info, checked the med form (with my express permission) , asked me some questions (HIPPA concerns not withstanding), pronounced my medform correct and complete. It matched the paper copy I had previously printed and kept. Next day, I checked in the ole dashboard, and there was a notification that part A&B were complete, "status updated Jun11 2013". And in the Registration Notifications sedction, it read "Congrats! You have no registration problems to report!" I printed THAT out... Now all I have to worry about is the Venture YPT cert which may or maynot be OK, depending on what rule I read. The Venture YPT elearning site has been dead for a week now....

Has anyone one else got the email that their payment for whitewater rafting may or may not have been accepted or processed????? so your scout needs to have a credit or debit card just in case it wasn't.......

Then the email that my sons immunization records aren't right??????? Really looked at them on my hard copy....all the dates are filled out...but he better bring the extra paper signed by his doctor.......

Oh BTW weren't we supposed to receive our scouts schedule the last week of June???????????????hmmmmmmm That never happened.........

My wife sat on hold for an hour today , only to be told some participants might not receive their schedules until they arrive. I am quickly losing faith this is going to be a well run event.

Well I hope my scout has a good time....... I know I spent a lot of money on the trip....Over $100 a day......plus the rafting extra costs.....

So did your SM go thru your son's gear at their shakedown camp out????? Well ours did and every tshirt even completely blank was rejected. All of his target synthetics were rejected because they didn't have the BSA logo.....His olive short were rejected....because they were not BSA.

Well I told him I don't have $250 to spend on a BSA clothing for his trip....So he is going with what he has.....Tough cookies for his scout master

Not to be in defense but I will. The extra fee for the whitewater rafting and the technical climbing were announced in December or January. It was in the webinar notes posted on the bsajamboree website as well. It's unfortunate if your council didn't get the information out. We can assume whatever reason we want but the one I was given was the upcharge was used to pay the outfitters actually providing the service and rather than upcharge every participant, they upcharged those taking advantage of the activity. As for the clothing, your SM was using the criteria we were also given. BSA socks, shorts/pants, belt, scout t-shirt, scout hat as the activity uniform. Add the field uniform for the full "class-a." It hasn't been a secret in our council for many months. We even did coupons for the scout shop that ran from early November through mid-April to offset costs and build in time to spead the costs. If your contingent hasn't been communicating well that's unfortunate. I have to say though I've been emailing parents for months and I'm still taking the same questions and complaints and I'm about done.

• Upvote 1
Not to be in defense but I will. The extra fee for the whitewater rafting and the technical climbing were announced in December or January. It was in the webinar notes posted on the bsajamboree website as well. It's unfortunate if your council didn't get the information out. We can assume whatever reason we want but the one I was given was the upcharge was used to pay the outfitters actually providing the service and rather than upcharge every participant, they upcharged those taking advantage of the activity. As for the clothing, your SM was using the criteria we were also given. BSA socks, shorts/pants, belt, scout t-shirt, scout hat as the activity uniform. Add the field uniform for the full "class-a." It hasn't been a secret in our council for many months. We even did coupons for the scout shop that ran from early November through mid-April to offset costs and build in time to spead the costs. If your contingent hasn't been communicating well that's unfortunate. I have to say though I've been emailing parents for months and I'm still taking the same questions and complaints and I'm about done.
Discounted uniforms???

Well sorry BSA if your gonna send my scout home for hanes socks then so be it.....

Remember a couple of years a go the announcement that every participant was going to have a communication device of some sort.....hmmmmm

My Beef isn't the up charge but the fact is was included initially then pulled back without a reduction in cost for the mass