Okay. If OGE says it was "overwhelming" to close the thread, so be it. However, I find it particularly odd that the attacks made on myself and others in these threads by a few are allowed, but when a pattern that dates back a long way is verified and pointed out, then it is somehow wrong to point it out.

Mr. Westley: (corrected name) I apologize for hurting your feelings. I will try harder to live by the "live and let live" idea that I have tried to follow. More importantly, I will try to do a better job of living the scout law, specifically "friendly", "courteous", "kind", "cheerful", and "reverent (reflected in turning the other cheek in my beliefs, while accepting your right to disbelieve anything)".

Mr. Kroh: My name is Wes Fish. You may Google me all you like, as I have nothing to hide, unless you feel liking Rod McKuen is somehow weird, as some do.

Sincerely,

Skeptic; AKA Wes Fish(This message has been edited by skeptic)(This message has been edited by skeptic)(This message has been edited by skeptic)

Do you always issue disingenuous apologies by deliberately misspelling the person's name? And by the way, you haven't hurt my feelings, but you never did clarify why I supposedly need to apologize to the SA -- is it for correctly summarizing their discriminatory policies to SA members?

Given your rather emotional and hypocritical posts towards me, it appears the "hurt feelings" are the product of projection. If I've hurt your feelings, you'll just have to deal with it yourself. No apology from me.

I'm thinking that if a moderator closes a thread it stays closed. Starting up another on the same topic it's heels is not very productive to the operation of the forum.

Can we please be done with this?

I come on the forum seeking insight and knowledge into running the various scout programs. I don't always agree with everyone and everyone doesn't always agree with me. It's not something that requires everyone to think the same as me in order to be a good thing.

If two men were standing along side the road and witnessed a head-on collision and one reported the car from the left veered into the car on the right and the other said the car on the right veered into the one on the left, who would be right? Both! Totally opposite explanations and they can both be right. I never said they were both standing on the same side of the street. :)

Stosh

Thanks.

Stosh

Yah, skeptic, yeh just have to get past da issue that Merlyn is a one-trick fellow who never grew out of his adolescent rebellious phase. :) I expect most of da folks he knows IRL just dismiss him, so he spends time 'round the net lookin' for other folks to be petulant with.

I'm still in stitches over da "liar" thing, eh? He's allowed to project his view of other people's positions all he wants, but if anyone else does it they're "liars". :) Just like da personal attack bit, and da "Yes you did, No I didn't" endless repetition thing I got him doin' to kill da other thread. It's just tired teenage-style argumentation. And all of us scouters and parents know we can't win an argument with teenagers ;).

My bet is dat Merlyn doesn't have kids of his own, or he would have grown up on that score by now.

Beavah

Guest OldGreyEagle

I am closing this thread at Skeptic's request. I told him something I will repeat here.

I as a moderator do expect more from Scouters than I do from non-scouters. I expect Scouters to behave in a scoutlike manner(ok, I am a hypocrit at times, I am human)in the face on non-scoutlike behavior

I think how a man is measured is not by how he treats those who agree with him, but how he treats those he vehemently disagrees with. That behavior is the best measure of a man.

That being said I will have to take a long look at myself as I haven't always followed what I said I wanted.

I will be taking the next 30 days off to contemplate how I post and when I return, it will be to only post positive items. I am sure you are all atwitter to see how long that lasts.

Beavah, if you don't want to be called a liar, don't lie. Simple. Just like your fake hick accent.

By the way, I won't call you a liar for not knowing about my son, since you didn't state it as if it was a "fact" that you somehow knew. I will, however, call you a now-typical BSA member who feels free to insult atheists on phony pretexts.