Has anyone kept score?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob White and Eamonn have both stated that they are leaving. A new comer to the boards was Jason OK. He enjoyed stirring things up. He also came back as Old Fart and The Dude. Those are the only three alias names I know of for sure. He represented himself as entirely different people under each name. I believe Scouter Terry has dealt with him. He quit posting around 5 PM today. Not before sending me a rather nasty curse laden private message however for telling him that he needed to seek serious help and that it would be better for him to move on. That is the score as I understand it.

Thanks SR540Beaver. As I read the messages, I got totaly confused. I know some of the postings got hot and heavy, but was suprised when I read that Bob White and Eamonn said they were leaving. I hope all the evil is over and we can get back to the business of helping each other out. Thanks again for clearing this up.

Dancin

The score is: Scouter.com 1

3-headed Troll 0

3-headed Troll (JasonOK,OldFart,TheDude)created several new topics and postings today, ranting and raving his heads off, saying nothing of value, and outright lying to the congregation.

One post (since cleared by the webmaster) was several hundred lines of jibberish, random letters and typing, etc. Uncleguinea's immediate reply post to this (still there) states he prefers the Cliff's notes version (just so Uncle doesn't have folks scratching their (singular) heads wondering what he is talking about).

Thank you, Terry, for getting a handle on things. Perhaps now these forums can regain their former self, and those who left (both lurker and non-lurker alike) can return to this forum in peace.

I received a PM from OldFart:

"You are an *** Hole. I have been on this earth for 64 years and I have never tried to publicly humiliate someone. You want to squelch someone? Go ahead. But do not brag about it."

Is he Jason? Is he the Dude? Is he 27 or 64?I did correct him and suggested he forgot arrogant, too.

ps He has been suspended.

Yeah, the "Old Fart" and "The Dude" identities are suspended, but the "Jason OK" is still showing up as "Senior Forum Member" as of 10:47 EDT this evening.

I've lurked around all this mess, and have no surprise anyone received a nasty PM from this guy. Guess I've just opened myself up for one, too.

I received a nastygram from one of Jason's identities as well. He seemed to accuse me of getting rid of him. Would that I had such power, but I do not. If he thinks I'm Scouter Terry, he's very, very far afield.

I agree that the man needs help beyond what we can give him.

I find it interesting that while WHEELER's posts were more literate, the themes and words are strangely parallel.

But, in the end, what difference does it make? He's about gone if not heard from at last . . . I suspect a different angle with a similar style will appear in a month or two.

Please trust me that I have no forgone knowledge (in other words, when you read my stuff, what you see is what you get) of anything like that. This is the internet after all, and the off seem to find their way on whether we want them to or not.

I do extoll Bob White and Eamonn to rejoin the boards. If I can do it guys, so can you.

Unc.

Don't worry. Bob White has not gone anywhere. He can't because, like Mayo, he has no where else to go. Bobo has promised to leave before but has returned, he has also promised to not read postings from various people but has made responses to what they've said.

He'll be back.

I confess I too have been following the recent activity on the forum with a mixture of amusement and dismay. I had nothing constructive to add so I havn't said much. What started out as a very thoughtful discussion of the role of religion in scouting turned rather nasty to say the least. For many of you who put thought into coherent posts, I enjoyed monitoring the discussion until things slowly slipped as one poster seem to drag the entire discussion down.

I also hope both BobW and Eamonn come back and continue to add their insight.

Have a good weekend all.

SA

FOG,

When I first started viewing the Forum this year, I was amused by the recurring conflict between you and Bob White. I must admit that I disagreed with many of BW's views initially. But, after reviewing the "party line" that he gave, I found that I usually could not continue my disagreement. His explanations of his interpretation of BSA policy seemed to be much more right than wrong at the end of the discussion.

Your advice, on the otherhand, seems to simply involve cynicism and sarcasm. You are apparently a very experienced Scouter. Please give us the benefit of your advice and try to withhold the cynisism.

I think the Forum will greatly miss the expertise of Bob White, even if you disagree with it.

(This message has been edited by boleta)

boleta,

I will admit Bob White knows the BSA manuals inside and out. He is also right on about many things. However, whenever he is wrong, he doesn't admit it (once he did). And he feels his interpretation of the manuals is the ONLY correct one!

Fat Old Guy is a very "matter of fact" Scouter. He seems to apply more common sense to situations. Sure he like to stir the pot, but then who doesn't!

Mr. White is lurking out there. You can be sure of that.

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

I, too, received a note from the 3 headed troll. But, it wasn't nasty. I guess he didn't blame me for his banishment, even though I did expose several of his lies.

As for Bob & Eamonn, I hope they'll return as well. I disagree with BW on a lot of things, but I like getting a variety of perspectives. I usually find good advice when I blend all the responses together.

I agree with you Ed. But knowing that is the way Bob operates lets me use his information and compare it to the other advice I get.

The only disadvantage is that I find myself looking for the "by the book" answer before I am willing to give my opinion. Bob is so sure of his answer that I find myself intimidated from giving a response. Maybe this decreases the discussion somewhat, but I still want to hear his opinion.