While I feel that there are in these forums a lot of good people who are really doing their best to serve the youth that we care so much about.

It seems to me that the tone of the forum has gone down to such a level that I no longer wish to be part of it.

I am OK with people disagreeing with each other. However, these past few weeks it seems that name calling and insults along with Threads that are bordering on stupidity have become the norm.

Free speech is fine. Still this was a forum for Scouter's to discuss Scouting and Scout related topics.As members who are Scouter's the Scout Oath and Law is our guide. This to my mind is no longer the case. From what I have seen lately trying to hurt and insult others has taken over.

So it is time to go.

Many thanks to those who have become my friends and those who have disagreed with me in a civil way. You have done a lot to broaden my vision and my outlook.

I can already hear some who post here calling me names. That's fine I no longer care.

Good-Bye.

Eamonn.

Same here. Ditto in fact!

Good Bye!

:) Just Kidding...sorry guys I know you got excited!

Come on Eamonn, I have been called (or insinuated) names more than you have.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you contributed a lot of helpful information to this forum.

On the other hand...there is a small group of "Elders" that seem to run this Forum (that really do not run it).

I don't know. I rather not see you go.

And I hope you announcing your leaving is not a ploy to become a martyr. Because honestly, it sounds like it. I hope not.

I salute you with true respect....listening to taps.

(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

This is a good example of how scout units crash and burn. When bullying is allowed to go unchecked, good scouts quit. When individuals are allowed to put personal agendas before the purpose and methods of the program then caring volunteers leave.

I urge Terry to remove the Issues and Politics board completely. There is nothing positive that will ever come out of it. And he needs to monitor the contents of the threads more closely or select some monitors to help him. This Forum has greater function when it focuses on the Scouting program and how volunteers can deliver it better.

There are too many people on this board now who are not here for scouting but only to see how much they can irritate the sincere volunteers. because of the nature of the Internet is too easy to lie and conceal you true intentions.

Anyone wishing to talk scouting with me can private message me. I am through posting for a while.

To those who remain I urge you to be very selective of who you listen to.

Bob White,

Don't go. You are sincerely good for information and laughs! Plus, you do not make a very good martyr.

I salute you.....in a Spaceballs manner. But proudly

BTW

I ;(pause) like Bob White concerning issues & politics (comparison)....well not really. I urge all debate taken out of the legislature!(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

This is a sad thing indeed. I have come to rely on this forum for the good advice and insight found here. I stay away from the Issues and Politics board. I am here for scouting. Eamonn and Bob White you both will be missed.

Eamonn I do enjoy reading your posts, especially the ones concerning your relationship with OJ and your scouting experiences.

Bob White your knowledge of the BSA program is spot on and is something a new Den Leader like myself needs from time to time.

Let us know if you find another forum you will visit regularly. In the meantime please try to maintain a cheerful spirit.

BW and Eamonn,

I am leaving a troop because I don't believe it is being run properly. I tried to make good changes as best as I could without success. I along with other willing parents found a sponser who shares our desire to serve the youth and not personal agends. We will begin something new and I find that exciting.

Both of you have helped educate me on the scouting program. Watching your advice pour into this forum has helped me understand the BSA process. Your knowledge of scouting is vast and I urge you guys not to keep it silent. Don't let the BS get you down.

Or, how about starting a scouting forum that you guys can respect?

I don't endorse the removal of the "issues" areas. I sometimes enjoy perusing some of those issues. However, I urge all to utilize the "squelch" feature and don't bother debating or jousting with belligerent, cynical and those who revel in pulling others chains. As the saying goes, don't try and wrestle with pigs, both of you will get muddy and the pig will enjoy it.

MY wife is a major web designer. In fact the New York Times did a story on one of her web-sites. I was thinkg about starting a forum also. Or helping with this one.

I like Bob White and Eamonn. I think they should stay. All Forums go through cycles. So says my wife. (Shes runs a couple)

In the Famous words of Rodney King.

"Can't we all (sniffle sniffle) get along?"

I'm finding that the more time I'm on here, the less time I'm actually doing what we talk about, hiking, camping, sailing, fishing, shooting, climbing, scuba, swimming, first aid, service projects, etc.

We're shutting down comms. Roger Out. See ya down range.

And the Drama Queen Award goes to........Eamon for feigning embitterment and resentment.

Look if you wanted to go then just go. You got caught up in the emotions of some threads where you could not force your strong opinions on other opinionated posters (trolls). Now you want your leaving to resonate as some sort of statement on the lack of civility in the world of bulletin boards. Spare us. Just get back to what you do best, posting opinionated positions on whats wrong with today's scouting.

Eamonn and BobWhite, your unselfish offering of experience and insights have been invaluable to the many scouters who participate in these forums, and indeed it has been more than appreciated. You've guided many less experienced scouts and scouters to improve their scouting experience and thereby become better scouts, better people.

Don't let politics and debates and insults hamper you from expressing your sincerest opinions and from sharing your experiences with scouts everywhere. It is only right that you continue to be active in this forum: to devote your time and leadership to those less experienced, to offer advice to those who need it, to embrace your right to free speech, and to celebrate scouting and its ideals. Through your participation in these forums, you've helped and guided so many other people to do just that. Don't stop now.

Why worry about the loss of Bob White (5005 posts) and Eamonn (1730 posts) when we now have the expert advice of Jason OK who instructs concerned parents to pray to Christ for answers. These Senior Forum Members who frequently disagreed but gave us insight with their discussions will hardly be missed. (SARCASM dripping).

Even though most of us haven't met in person, i feel like many on these forums have become friends, and it is sad to see anyone you consider a friend leave. The advice and suggestions have been invaluable to me and hope they will continue. While I don't always agree with ALL of the opinions, or take ALL of the advice, I am thankful that there are those out there who know more than I do and are willing to share their knowledge. It's a sad day when someone you have come to respect will no longer be around. Please reconsider!

DALE