New Merit Badge Idea - can't resist posting this

In other threads in the past forum participants have discussed the idea of new merit badges. Well, here is an idea. Maybe the Norwegians are on to the something. Of course their other social indicators tell a different story.

_______________________--

Sex badge on offer

Young Norwegians can earn a merit badge in sex this summer. The pin, modeled on a popular summer swimming merit badge, is an offer from Swedish-Norwegian sex education group RFSU, also the main producer and importer of condoms to Norway, newspaper VG reports.

The badge, which displays sperm cells swimming in waves, can be won by correctly answering 10 out of 13 questions about sex.

"You need a license to drive a car and you should have a sex certificate that shows you don't take health risks. This is done seriously and with humor and the goal of course is to get more people using condoms," said RFSU manager Tone-Berit Lintho.

The summer is also high season for sex and sexually transmitted diseases and the RFSU specializes in attention-getting campaigns to promote safe sex.

A recent survey of this year's 'russ' - the reveling high school graduates who go wild for three weeks of debauchery before final exams - revealed the teenagers have a lot to learn.

* While 75 percent of Norwegian youngsters are positive towards condom use, only 1 in 5 actually used them when last having sex.

* Fully 90 percent of Norwegian boys believe 'no' means 'maybe'.

* Three out of four youths put the condom on incorrectly and many bite open the package, creating the danger of condom puncture.

Contraction of venereal diseases and HIV reached a new high last year, and an average of 45 Norwegians a day contracted chlamydia.

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry. Sadly, there are undoubtedly some folks that think this is a wonderful idea. Personally, I find it to be one more example of the progressive thinking that is destroying our country.

I am reminded of the last verse of Tom Lehrerer's satirical "Boy Scout Marching Song"

"And if you should seek adventure of a new and different kind..

"And you should meet a girl scout who is similiarly inclined...

"Don't be worried, don't be flustered, don't be scared....

"Be Prepared."

NJ - Are you practicing your lawyering skills - or do I really need to clear up "the mystery"? Of course, this confusion could have been avoided if I had simply called my lawyer and requested him to review my last statement for legal clarity before posting it on a public forum. Still, despite your background in law, I thought there was a better than average chance that you'd be able to figure it out. Sorry - next time, I'll try to remember the audience.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that was un-called for. You at leat should have said strip club but girls scouts....thats just wrong. Not strip club wrong......gross wrong. YUCK!

If they get a STD do they get a de'merit? LOL

I can't believe this. My fragile little mind.