How was your pro-choice rally? Who is your "God"? Whether I believe in the magical dragon or Christ.....as long as I am conservative and anti baby killing (aka abortion)you will never like me.(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest OldGreyEagle

Again, I am confused, I have seem Laurie post for quie awhile now, where in this thread, or any other thread does she says she is pro-choice, for abortion or anything like that?

Jason:

All other stuff aside, you're not okay.

You're seeing enemies where there are none. You have turned Laurie into some sort of monster -- and she isn't one.

Go see your minister or other professional. This thread has become way too personal for you.

Please, get some help.

Wishing you the best,

Unc.

No.

I may get mad at you, but you are human. You have needs and if I can help, help I shall.

Send me a PM if you need to talk.

You are not okay, and I will not cast you adrift.

Unc.

" We are no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free but one in the Body of Christ."

It is not for any of us to judge anothers faith for God is the only and final judge of what is in a persons heart. Jason this is the one point you need to understand, it is not up to you or anyone else to condemn someone for their beliefs. Jesus embraced all he encountered pagan, Jew or Christian; that was the example he gave us to follow. Do not blaspheme God by claiming to speak for him rather show love and compassion and the light will show through to others. God is the only one who is always right.

BadenP,

Without regard to the current debate, but just as an observation concerning your previous post, from one Christian to another

I hope youre not using that Bible verse to support a call to Universalism. Least you forget the most important declaration of that verse but one in the Body of Christ."

One can make an argument that Jason has not shown great patience or that his example is less than perfect (though we all fall in that category). Nevertheless, I believe he is sincere and that his efforts are inspired by his faith.

1In the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of his appearing and his kingdom, I give you this charge: 2Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction. 3For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry. 2 Timothy 4:1 - 5

Merlyn

Allow me to draw your attention to the disclaimer that sits atop every page in this forum.

"Posts within this forum express only the views of the poster."

There have been a few posters out of 1.5 million registered volunteers. You don't even know that these posters are even really scouters, or that they are not just baiting others in the conversation. You can no more use these threads to represent the BSA program, then you could use the phone book as evidence of how many atheists there are.

As an atheist, I think this thread is another good example of religious intolerance by scouts.

As an atheist (non-Scouter), your level of discernment concerning these discussions should be on par with that of a blind man witnessing two deaf people signing their opinions on deafness. I dont see how youre qualified to criticize people of faith about their disagreements when you have no basis of reference.

(This message has been edited by Rooster7)

Hey Bob, I said "intolerance by scouts", not intolerance by the BSA. Both you and Rooster7 are scouts, and both of you have displayed intolerance of both atheists and others. Now you're just digging yourselves in deeper.

And by the way, aren't you being off-topic? Hunt wanted to know why the BSA thinks that following a false religion is better than following no religion.

Scouting asks that I be tolerant of people whose belief in God is expressed through rituals and beliefs different than my own. It does not require that I be tolerant of people who have no belief in God. So I suppose that is left up to me to evaluate on a case by case basis. When it comes to athiests, I am more apathetic than intolerant.