Pliny the younger

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I see Jason is at it again. Too bad I can't read it as it is squelched. I assure the rest of you reading this thread, the quality has significantly improved without the benefit of his input, although it is interesting to see the responses without knowing what the responses are for.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason:

There is a time that comes swiftly when enough is enough.

You've gone from crude jokes regarding Brownies to attempting to save the souls of everyone posting here in an amazingly short period of time.

It's too much. I can't speak for everyone else, but I've had enough.

I appreciate your respectful answers to the questions I've asked with all sincereity. I truly do.

However, I'm not sure your preaching has any more value than your crude sense of humor.

I ask you to seek the middle ground. Live and learn. Watch and post your thoughts. Don't quote specific Bible verses. Just join the conversation.

Keep to your tenents. I have no trouble with your beliefs. I don't buy all of them, but don't have an argument with them.

I guess I am asking you to lighten up a little.

Heaven will come soon enough.

Unc.

You must now stand alone. I believe squelched is the word even by those closest to you. I don't believe anybody wants to hear another word about True Religion. The ride has been long and righteously funny. I believe if we squeeze one more ounce of adrenaline from this thing that it might stroke out all by itself.

Happy Fourth of July to all of us that believe in Freedom.

We've got the Sanhedrin all over again!

Glad to see everyone loves to persecute a Christian!

Unc,

Is your little club called the Sanhedrin? I tried to answer your question twice! I already expressed my shame concerning some poor humor and other things I said. I think your issue is that you do not believe in Christ.

Fuzzy,

You said,

"I believe squelched is the word even by those closest to you."

If you are small enough to say something so childish you are big enough to say who they are. So who are they?

I have read all pages of this post (and some of others).......you two are both guilty of all the things you accuse me of. "Except spreading the Gospel."

(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

This isn't fun anymore. Not that it ever was, but my response could answer a few questions for the lurkers.

Sanhedrin -- as referred to by Jason -- The highest council of the ancient Jews, consisting of 71 members and excercising authority from about the 2nd century B.C.

Nah, that's not my club. I'm a Presbyterian. Not Jewish.

I find it very interesting that you want to tell me what I believe and don't believe in. I do believe in Jesus Christ. I just don't beleive in you.

I'm sorry that you have decided that I'm your enemy. However, I've had enough of your stuff.

This forum is about Scouting.

Let's stick to that subject.

Unc.

I suppose I should just let this go... but a couple of days ago, Jason said:

Jews

The Bible says God will forgive the Jewish people of their sins & make them know Him by Jesus opening their eyes.

With no offense meant to the Christians in this forum who do "respect the beliefs of others" -- in other words the vast majority of you -- I just wish to point out that the Bible in which Jewish people believe (what Christians call the Old Testament), does not even mention Jesus. And for those who believe that the Old Testament prophesizes the coming of Jesus, that's fine -- but Jews don't believe that, either. I won't elaborate on this, because as I say, my intent is not to offend Christians. All but a few Christians in this board have shown Jewish people the same respect, by not implying that the Jewish religion is somehow incomplete without adopting Christianity.

Unc,

You said,

"I'm a Presbyterian"

MMMMMMmmmm I thought Presbyterians accept the Holy Bible as TRUTH.

The Holy Bible includes (Matthew, Mark Luke and John) among other books of truth! And if you are a Christian......were have you been brother?

And as far as the Sanhedrin remark.

You belong to an elite group of but kissing persecutors on this forum. You sit and persecute Christians then turn around and tell each other what a good post they did. Completely disgusting. I think sometimes your compliments are going to turn into love letters. Stroke your EGOS some where else!

NJCubScouter,

I live in the South. I am a hick. I am a red neck.

If you are not Jewish then do not worry about it. If you are and I offended you..well just remember....I am a hick...I live in the South...We Southerners are not as educated as you Yankees. Sorry but that is the easiest way to go about your question or whatever it was. What do you do to support Israel?

Maybe NJ was trying to say that those who are Jewish are offended when they are criticized for having an incomplete religion? He has as much right to say that he is offended by how he is viewed for his beliefs as anyone else does. Many of us, regardless of our faith or even without a faith, have stated that what we believe matters deeply to us and is inseparable from who we are. NJ--and most people who have been here for some time--know exactly what I believe, for I have shared it in the past. However, if my saying what I personally believe offends someone, then that's a shame because it's not my intent. On the other hand, if I try to convince someone they are wrong, tell them they don't get it, in some way put down their belief system regardless of whether I agree with it or not, they'd be offended and rightly so. It truly is possible to agree to disagree without attacking one another. Additionally, to just blow off someone's feelings by excusing myself is not only something I personally consider to be quite unlike Christ, and regardless of what faith a person has, I dare say most would agree that this is not in the least Scout-like. Using tact while being direct, disagreeing without being degrading--it's possible to do. I have been ridiculed and even threatened for my faith, yet it's still my faith. Those who mock what I believe do hurt me, but that's life, and that's their choice. I will not, however, ridicule or threaten or in any way put down another for his faith even if I don't embrace it myself. I don't see any good coming from that, and the God I know would not treat others with such disrespect.

If you want anything politically correct from me you are not going to get it. I have taken up my cross in this forum.....Paul did a much better job than I have! That is why God chose him to write the early churches. I do not like my world fluffy either. No Girly feelings crap for me. Unless you're my daughter. I have a Mommy......she is the only one that can lecture me on my (understanding side) Go to your pro-choice rally and leave me alone Laurie. Uh oh!......LOL(This message has been edited by Jason OK)

jason

changed my mind, PMed you instead.

I will say a prayer to my God for you.

Consider yourself ignored from this end, you are my first.

(This message has been edited by dan)

I don't want anything from you except what I would want and expect from any other Scouter: to get along by both following the Scout Oath and Law. You, Jason, have shown contempt for me and several others, and in that you not only give cause for me and others to question what you profess to be truth, but you also fail to demonstrate Scout Spirit.(This message has been edited by Laurie)