• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My religious view are irrelevant to this thread and to BSA. You really can't tell if I am Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Hindu by my posts. BSA supports duty to God of any type. It is personal and private.

The religious fanatics that are writing here validate my points with each and every post. Arguing over the English translation of the Bible is not what this thread is about is it Hunt?

I feel sorry for the Scouts that are exposed to the intolerant ideology (and bigotry) expressed by these fanatics.

Jason, are you sure your previous account-name wasn't "Wheeler"? I am noticing some similarities, although to be fair, you appear to have picked up a wife and children along the way, which he never did, and you don't consume quite as much bandwith. And I guess it would also be fair to say that you are teetering on the borderline of "civil discourse," while Wheeler, in the immortal words of Egon Spengler (Harold Ramis) in speaking of Peter Venkman (Bill Murray), "was borderline for a while. Then he crossed the border." (One of the 20 best movie lines ever.) We'll see which way you go from here, I guess.

I also noticed your wife has no "respect" for Catholics. Well, my wife is Catholic, and I bet my wife could beat up your wife. I also notice that you seem to have said that Catholics are not "Christians," and while that is not my fight (being Jewish (or quasi-Jewish)), I am sure there are a few Catholics on here who would gladly knock you around a bit.

Just kidding about the violence. My wife and I are both relatively pacifistic and I am sure you have no reason to fear physical violence from any other members of this forum. We'll just have to be content to whap you around verbally, until it stops being fun.

Boleta,

I can't tell you how many different versions of the bible I have (KJV, NKJV, NIV ect ect). Not only that, I have several Aramaic, Greek, & Hebrew dictionaries to use. I know you are not a practicing Jew nor Christian (Christian includes christian, catholics, so on. The more you talk the more you show you know nothing of Christ nor his father. You are probably a ......... thats why we are butting heads so much.

NJ,

I like you. Catholics are Christian......I am a protestant. So don't offend me, Just Kidding......Nope I am new to this Forum to answer the other question.

Jason, if I misconstrued one of your references to Catholics, I apologize. It was this one:

Oh my.......When I say Christians I mean Gentiles. This does include you Catholics which I have nothing against.

That sounded to me like you were saying that the "Christians" does not include Catholics, while "Gentiles" does. Now that I look at it again, your sentence structure is so confusing that I probably should not have tried to draw any conclusion about what you meant. (Boy, how is that for a backhanded apology? Sometimes I impress even myself.)

And I am aware that there are some Christians who in fact do not consider Catholics to be Christians, so I thought you might be one. Needless to say, such an opinion would not be very popular in my house, nor in my state, where Catholics probably outnumber Protestants, unlike in the nation as a whole, and where overall there is a lot less Bible-thumping than in the nation at large, especially if this forum is representative of people from various parts of the country.

Jason, (from page 9)

I accept your apology and appreciate your humility in light of what you are saying. I have not called you a fanatic although you appear to be very excited by your new found religion.

Your belief that the world will not last much longer comes from first century Christian dogma. Most of the New Testament was an attempt to engender actions like yours today. Periodically, (over 2,000 years) there has been groups that knew the time and the place and sold everything that they had and stood on a hill to be swept away by the Rapture but the only thing that happened was a cold wind blew and the next day came. The problem is that the words are there, the words are being bandied about again, but it just isn't happening and you can count on it not happening.

In the light of that knowledge, it is still your right to believe what you think is the truth and I support your right to your truth. I will even listen to you spout your truth while we sit around the campfire.

As a fellow Scouter who has different beliefs, please give me the same courtesy to my truth that has been given to me from my God even though it will not square with yours.

I share this in hope that in this short lifetime that we may find brotherhood instead of strife.

FB

Packsaddle - thank you I enjoyed the link.

Rooster - I realize that the fanatical Christians in question are at the opposite ends of the spectrum than you. However, they do profess to be Christian. The one example that comes to mind would be the Army of God claiming responsibility for the bombings of an Atlanta abortion clinic and gay/lesbian club in 1997.

Jason OK - Even though I didn't call you a bigot I said that you came across as one, I'll take it back. No wait - spoke to soon. I found this in another thread "Most Hollywood elites are Jews....Seculare Jews in fact. No, don't turn this into anti-Semitism. MY lord warned against it and I fully support my brothers."

ScouterPaul,

ARE YOU A PEDAFILE? You going to teach that merit badge class? This is from your other post.

ScouterPaul

RE: New Merit Badge Idea - can't resist posting this

Posted: Saturday, 6/19/2004: 3:38:02 PM quality

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Would there be field trips to the local Girl Scout Camp?

My commentary:

Or maybe just a bigot! Maybe you should reference my "whole" post next time you want to insult me.

(From Post ACLU POST)

I will confess I am not well Versed in the complete history of the ACLU. I said they should defend the religious rights of others. I do not care about Nazis or KKK members. When they try to erase GOD out of our society I have a problem with it. 10 Commandment symbols on city seals ect. ect. ect. Do not preach to the choir concerning our civil liberties. You can not pick things out of the constitution and decipher them as you will. NOT all Jewish people are practicing Jews either. Most Hollywood elites are Jews....Secular Jews in fact. No, don't turn this into anti-Semitism. MY lord warned against it and I fully support my brothers.

Jason OK