The Best President - I think, one of them

Like so many others I mourn the loss of Ronald Reagan.

I find that I know so many of his speeches or parts of his speeches that I didn't know I knew.

He truly was a great leader and I can't help thinking that he would have been a great Scoutmaster.

Eamonn

In spite of disagreeing with many of his policies and actions, I agree that he stands out as one of the great ones. I was always comforted by the fact that he was fundamentally honest and well-intended, a nice guy. My sympathy to his family.

Reagan was one of the great men of modern times. I for one prefer not to mourn, but rather to celebrate his life and his accomplishments. I also can't help but think he is now finally at peace after walking a long, hard road.

I haven't been able to stop crying for very long all day. I don't cry for Ronald Reagan, I cry for me. I'm going to miss knowing that he is on this earth.

Without President Reagan, I would not have a college education. Without the college education, I never would have met my wife. I never would have been able to embark on my career.

I won't go into further detail. I will ask my boss tomorrow for permission to go to Washington D.C. to see the motorcade and pay my final respects. Then I'll fly back home for my meetings on Thursday.

God Bless the greatest President of the twentieth century!

Unc.

Reagan ranks as one of the greatest presidents we have had. Certainly in the 20th century, Reagan and FDR take the prize for the two best presidents of that time. He will be missed, remembered, and loved.

I am and was across the aisle from President Reagan. I admired his ability to communicate. He was a man with a vision that helped to bring down the Iron Curtain. He adjusted to the oppositions doctrines yet claimed many of his goals. He loved his wife and was devoted to her. He was a man with a great sense of humor. He saw himself as a type of cowboy and a President. His ending was hard. Nobody deserves to die like that but he endured. He left us with memories of how life could be lived fully. He will be missed even more in the future.

FB

Reagan and FDR clearly stand out as the 20th century's greatest presidents. FDR and Churchill won WWII, Reagan won the cold war. His ability to communicate puts him alongside of JFK as the greatest communicators to sit in the White House

Personally, Reagan reshaped my political views. I was raised a Southern Democrat. My grandfather was an active politician and a journalist. We were conservative in nature, but did not identify with the Republicans. They were the party of Nixon and Goldwater. But, along came Reagan. I wasn't old enough to vote, but I was enamored by his optimism, his love of country and just that hint of a cowboy that allowed his outdoor spirit to shine through. If I had of been of voting age, I probably would have broke the family bonds and voted for him. By 1984, I was totally a Reagan convert and voted for him. In 1986, I changed my registration to a Republican.

If you're interested in learning more about his life, and how he became the great man he was. I highly recommend "When Character Was King". I read it last year and it brought back so many memories of him. I think I'll read it again this summer.

I definitely enjoyed the Reagan years. He will be missed.

I am a little surprised that no one has jumped in yet to drag his memory down. I hope thats an indication of respect, if not admiration. He was a good man. I wish I had met him.

Watching the news tonight there was a shot of a party of Boy Scouts stopping by the coffin to give the Scout salute.

These Lads were in what looked to be full uniform and were very much a credit to the BSA. I have no idea what Troop, District or Council they were from. But anyone who has anything to do with these Scouts needs a well deserved pat on the back.

Thank You.

Eamonn

I, too, saw the Boy Scouts in uniform saluting his coffin. It was fantastic and my eyes misted immediately.

I shook his hand and spoke briefly with him in the White House in 1987. He was a man who appeared to everyone else at the reception to be their height. I'm short and he was 6'1". Yet when we spoke we saw eye-to-eye. He was an amazing communicator. To large groups and one on one.

I can't claim to be his friend, but he was a great writer of letters. There's a handwritten note from him to me in my dining room china cabinet.

God rest Ronald Reagan!

Unc.