Why are we talking to the troll?

Rooster7,

BSA can legally promote the values it so chooses

Would you still contend this if you did not agree with the values they were promoting?

Homosexuality, in my opinion, fits in with the rest of them. It's flat out wrong.

This is your opinion. It may also be the opinion of a majority of members of BSA (or maybe not), but it is an opinion.

From the studies I have read, over half the homosexual population has had sex with a minor. They prey on our youth.

These people are pedophiles and as such have no business working with youth anywhere. But being a homosexual does not make a person a pedophile.

This is not about my willingness (or your willingness) to love others. It's about accepting God's word and condemning sin when we see it. then listen - but not to your heart, but God.

By my God I meant my interpretation of God. My religion may have an entirely different idea as to what constitutes sin than yours. In my spiritual path, God is in my heart and the heart of everyone else, he/she just needs to be found.

I wouldn't trust an avowed homosexual man with my son for one minute. Well, lets be reasonableI wouldn't trust an avowed homosexual woman with my daughter either

Rooster, maybe you home-school your children. But if not your children may very well have homosexual teachers because the law prevents sexual orientation from being criteria for hiring a teacher.

Rooster, I respect your beliefs. I think a lot of the BSA program. I am not interested in promoting any alternative agenda or changing the program that Baden-Powell envisioned. I just sincerely hope it can be made available to all boys.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By no means do I want anyone to think that most males in BSA do not like women in scouting, in fact I have felt a very warm and sincere welcome.

Even though many of us disagree on one or two subjects, I wish that all scouters would stand up and say what they feel. But let's not resort to name calling (of people or beliefs).

Rooster, I thought the BSA's stance was that homosexuality was immoral not about pedophiles. Pedophiles and other sexual abusers are getting their kicks from the power they have over others. None of this should be tolerated. Homosexuals are no more likely to abuse children than heterosexuals. Most pedophiles maintain heterosexual adult relationships.

"Nevertheless, I wouldn't trust an avowed homosexual man with my son for one minute. Well, lets be reasonableI wouldn't trust an avowed homosexual woman with my daughter either. "

If we use that logic than we should never allow men to be alone with girls, including their own daughters, and we should never allow women to be alone with boys, including their own sons, because none of us can control our sexual urges for even one minute.

For the discussions about what each faith believes, again I refer all of us back to our beloved Boy Scout Handbook that says we should respect other's beliefs and defend their right to their beliefs. It doesn't say you have to agree, in fact that is where the courage comes in. Does that mean we defend those who have hurt others? Does anyone truly believe that?

Would you still contend this if you did not agree with the values they were promoting? Why are you here if you dont agree, I just cant understand why anyone would join any group that you disagreed with their values. It would be like joining PETA if I didnt believe in vegetarianism and sought to change their principles and standards. because the law prevents sexual orientation from being criteria for hiring a teacher. Exactly what law is that anyway?

Homosexuals are no more likely to abuse children than heterosexuals. Most pedophiles maintain heterosexual adult relationships. Not true, homosexuals account for 31% of child molestation and are only 2-3% of the population, you do the math. You and Leslie Stahl seem to think married (man/woman) homosexuals arent gay, I dont understand this. If we use that logic than we should never allow men to be alone with girls, and we should never allow women to be alone with boysbecause none of us can control our sexual urges The problem with this analogy is that its wrong, it assumes that those who practice perversion do so because its normal. In normal man/woman relationships people arent practicing immoral behavior, why should you or anyone assume they would be amoral, it doesnt make sense?