Cub Scouts and the OA

This may seem like a double post, but mods and everyone please bear with me. This thread is for the Cub Scout leaders. OA members will have a thread in the OA forum.

Cub Scout leaders what has been the OA involvement in you district and council?

What is the OA doing to help out the Cub Scout program?

What would you like to see the OA do to help out the Cub Scout program?

What can Cub Scout leaders do to help the OA?(This message has been edited by eagle92)

I have learned more about the OA on this web site than locally. I knew they existed as the OA lodge meeting is at the same time and location as our Roundtable, so I would see these guys with this odd sash with an arrow on it. As far as contributions, they don't seem that active to me as a ACM within the district, now they are probably much more visible and active to the Boy Scouts but no so much to the Cubbies.

As to how they can help, and how we can help them I am not sure but am open to a good communication flow.

Ditto what Pchadbo said! :)

Other than seeing them perform the AOL ceremony for our Webelos at crossover.. I have no idea what they do.

But I also realize that as a Cub Scout Pack, we will not see them remotely as much as a Troop, Crew or Ship would.

And again, as Pchadbo said, Not sure what we could do to help them, but my ears are open.

The Lodge that serves our district does the District Crossover ceremony, as well as having the dance team perform at our Tiger Night event in Sept. and have some of the boys in full regalia at our Cuboree event in October. They will usually pose for pics with the Cubs and explain how they made their costume or do some demonstrations of bead making or how they designed their headdress, etc.

It's the work you don't see that has the impact on the Cub Scout program. The winter storm of 09 created havoc in our Cub Scout camp. It was the OA that came in and cleared the trees that had fallen, so that we could get through the trails to the different campsites and activities. It's the platforms built at summer camp for the Webelos to use, or any of the land management programs available that enhance the Cub Scout program.