Committee Chair Job Description

Our Pack has had problems with complacency (sound familiar?) among Leaders and parents for the three years we have been involved. The Cubmaster and a select few are always the people who do the planning, setting up, clean-up, etc. for every event we have.

At the end of last season a new Committee Chair stepped in, basically pushing out the person who had volunteered to do the job when the former Committee Chair resigned. The new Committee Chair sent out one email after he initially took the position and no one heard anything from him since then.

My question is: Does anyone know the definition of the Committee Chair's Job Description? What is this person committing to doing for the Pack when accepting this position?

We obviously need someone else before our Pack falls apart, but I need some "ammo" (for lack of a better word) to present my case.

Thank you for your responses.

Surfinwahine

Check out the Cub Scout Leader Book for details. Better yet, get some of the committee to go in for training.

In general though, the CC should be a critical position that can make the program work by managing the pack adults and behind the scenes activities. In particular:

- Interface with the charter org.

- Supervise committee meetings.

- Arrange for annual pack planning meetings.

- Oversee treasury activities.

- Make sure the pack has a safe place to meet with enough room.

- Identify the need for more dens (or other enrollment issues).

- Insure records are kept correctly.

- Step in for the Cub Master if needed.

- Coordinate activities between Scout troops and Webelos dens.

The way I see it, if it isn't directly related to the cubs themselves, it's probably the responcibility of the CC. A strong CC keeps the CM from trying to do everything.

Good Luck.

Don