HI I NEED HELP,MY SONS GROUP HAS ONE BOY.WHO IS UNABLE TO PAY HIS DUES,AT THE PRESENT TIME.THE DEN LEADER SAYS.IF HE DOES NOT PAY HE WILL BE UNABLE, TO GET THE AWARDS HE WORKED SO HARD FOR AT SUMMER CAMP.DOES IT SEEM RIGHT THAT BECAUSE HIS FAMILY HAS FALLING ON HARD TIMES THAT HE SHOULD BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST.AFTER ALL HE IS ONLY A 7 YEAR OLD CHILD,AND DOES NOT UNDERSTAND.

Hi and welcome to the group. You have come to the right place for answers or speculation. I am new here also but have at least one year of den leader experience and I am getting ready to move up to Cub Master next year. I will offer you my advice but others here may have better opinions.

First on a side note typing in all caps is considered yelling. It is hard on the eyes and in some net groups it is as rude as slamming another member.

Now, on to business. If I were in that pack my answer would be the pack fundraiser. If a child 's family couldn't come out of pocket with the correct amount of dues I would just ask that family to lead the way with the fundraiser. We had one child last year who couldn't pay the dues but sold over 500.00 worth of popcorn and 8 boxes of candy bars. I feel that he more than paid his share.

We also allow payments on dues. Our pack dues are 30.00. We will take two at 15.00 or three at 10.00, or if need be we will take six at 5.00 or thirty at 1.00. It is all the same as long as he dues are paid in full by the end of the year.

I hope I have helped. My pack is in Rural Tn and we are accustomed to dealing with the "financially challenged" families. In reality, with some help from this group I am getting ready to start a uniform closet {donated used uniforms} for the cubs without uniforms.

Kristi in TN

Guest OldGreyEagle

Please reply to the thread "reply to child unable to pay dues" in the Open Program section (This message has been edited by a staff member.) (This message has been edited by a staff member.)