New Uniforms?

On a message board group I frequent, I've read rumors that the BS are changing their official uniforms... is this true? I haven't been able to find anything to substantiate this claim but was curious if anyone has heard.

My scout shop folks told me this week that there will be a new shirt coming out soon. This is in keeping with a variety of posts on this board over the last 6-8 months. However, they could not tell me exactly when that would be happening. Their advice was - don't buy a new shirt just yet! If anybody else has specific dates, that would certainly be nice to know.

• 4 weeks later...

there is another forum post that will answer your question.

And yes national is coming out will a new head to toe uniform.

It will be a new hat, shirt, pants, belt, socks, epilets, etc.

It will come out August 1 2008

I've heard that a new uniform is on it's way. The only thing that I remember from the conversation is that the color-coded loops on the epaulettes will be history.

As for old uniforms remaining "official", that is true. You can wear old uniforms; however, the parts must be from the same time period. You can't mix the 70's uniform parts with the 80's onward, or vice versa.

Guest OldGreyEagle

Well, I have seen an PDF with the "New" Uniform, the design is pretty much the same with a few minor changes, mostly in fabric and small design considerations. The red tabs are gone and replaced by green ones, the troop numbers are green on khaki, overall, it looks like a boy scout wanna be venturing uniform.

Great, just as I predicted, the howls start before the uniform is out and I am the first howler. Don't you just love it?

And this uniform is I suppose going to be LESS militaristic in appearance with the green and tan motif?

Not that I really have any problem with that, but I am covering my ears in anticipation of the howls of those who do...

OGE - Did it say/show any changes for the Cub uniform?

Scoutnut- I specifically asked at our Scout Hut yesterday about Cub uniforms. After they confirmed the "rumor" about a new BS uniform, they told me there was no information sent to them about any changes to the current Cub uniform.

Hope that helps!

Dawn

"Did it say/show any changes for the Cub uniform? "

No.

The flyer only shows the new Boy Scout uniform. It will be announced at the National Meeting and rolled out this fall.

I've heard nothing about a new cub scout uniform, nor a new Venturing uniform. Maybe those will come in the few years?

Considering that this new Boy Scout uniform uses forest green loops instead of red, how does this affect the Venturing uniform, which uses spruce green loops? And while white on red unit numbers don't look too good on the green Venturing uniform, the green/khaki numbers will look worse on both the green Venturing uniform AND the blue cub scout uniform!