Does anyone need campaign hats????

Hi,

My coworker and I working on a deal with the Dept. Of Defence to get some Marine Corp campaign hats (OD green) from really cheap. Those that know me from my postings know what I do for the Gov. and know that I am totally legit. If this comes to be, we can resell these for around $10.00 (maybe cheaper!!). Anyone out there interested in outfitting their scouts and/or leaders in campaign hats. Let me know so I can decide if it is worth our time conducting this transaction.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of now, we are looking at around 200 hats. Sizes are unknown but we will know in a few weeks. As far as I know, the hats are new (some were still packed in their plastic shipping wrapper) and are the USMC style which is a little thicker then the army DI style. When we physically get our hands on them, we will make a count of sizes and other exact details. I am not in it to make a profit, but my partner (non a scout) will take a small cut to off set the shipping of the hats and any out of pocket $$$. He is going to keep the final price low.

He has been supplying me with other items for my scouts and myself (I am currently a cubmaster and will be starting a troop in two years). I have stockpiled tents, sweaters, canteens mess kits, belts, and other OD (but no camo) equipment. I asked him about campaign hats and he said he comes across them frequently. I told him if he can supply my future troop with some, then I will find a way for him to get rid of the rest. Thus the birth of this post.

When I know more, I will repost. Keep on checking.

count me In!! That was somewhere on the list, "You might be a Wood-Badger if...you think campaign hats are cool." Just got myself one from BSA, but would love to have a second, so one I can keep clean for meetings, the other for outings.