• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a number of us who would like accurate, updated information - and not so that we can gloat, second-guess, or play Monday Morning QB. Unfortunately, it seems that those with direct or 2nd-order knowledge have been duly disgusted with the online antics of certain members of this forum and have gone elsewhere. Too bad. I can't blame them for not saying where else they're going.

Was/is this a hoax? I don't know. But not abiding by the spirit of the Scout Law and Scout Oath with respect to this thread has, I think, cheapened this entire forum.

It takes a lifetime to develop a reputation - seconds to lose one.

"If I live through this without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions." - Susan Ivanova

Yah, seemed like it was time to bring back da Babylon 5 quotes from early in the thread. :)

Beavah

Council Commissioner

The Grey Council(This message has been edited by Beavah)

A little hard to resolve something that doesn't exist. We have repeatedly asked to have someone who supposedly saw the documents to post a copy of one of them, so to show this is not a joke. On top of that, no record exists of it anywhere, except in peoples mind.

Are you kidding? Why in the world would anyone do that? How about you post a copy of your drivers license and social security card so we know youre for real.

Since when, on an Internet forum where the vast majority of participants are anonymous, is proof of authenticity required?

If you think the thread is bull, do what I do with most Issues and Politics threads dont click on them.

Perhaps National is just that slow in rendering a final opinion on this appeal! I know, I know, it doesn't take SCOTUS that long! But SCOTUS is paid help, not volunteer!

With all of their current inter-turmoil, have you seen anything else happen on a timely basis at National (i.e. Historic Merit Badge program introduction delayed almost three months for no apparent reason!)?

Well, I'm no priest, but I did see "The Exorcist", so I'll try to adapt; Here goes:

I cast you out! Unclean Thread! Be gone from this creation of Terry! Be gone! In the name of Baden-Powell and of Green-Bar Bill! The power of Scouting compels you! The power of Scouting compels you! The power of Scouting compels you!