• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this thread was about the appeal process that one Scout was going through. I guess there's no need for me to post here again since I'm not interested in playing the pie game or keeping a thread going just as a joke.

Well, we are waiting to hear the results. If there is something pertinent to discuss while waiting for the results, fire away.

Apparently the issue was Scout Spirit and the definition of active in that Scout's troop. Very nebulous stuff open for plenty of interpretation, which is why this young man's appeal has been yanked around so long. You've been teasing us with little bits Eagle 732. Don't be offended if we are distracted. This has been a very, very, very long intermission between the first and second act.

IMHO based on the info served in this thread it seems that it is a case of a Scout doing every thing by the book, but for some reason fell short of the Scoutmaster's vision of what Scout Spirit should look like. I think the Scout got taken for a ride.

• 2 weeks later...

This is as far off topic as pie...

A guy at work did some work on the side for K Mart over Christmas a few years ago.

Boasted that he wasn't going to declare the income on his taxes.

I have a friend who is an accountant and used to pull this on his friends.

Bill the accountant calls up the guy at work and says he is from the IRS. Told the guy that K Mart reported paying him and why wasn't it declared.

Then told him to get his stuff together as he was being audited and he would call back to set up an appointment. It's been 5 years and he is still waiting to set the appointment, but he now declares everything. We have never told him it was a joke.

The look on the guys face when he heard the word audit was priceless.

And this is a lighter one. there's better.

Perhaps you could start another thread about good April Fool's pranks and leave this thread dedicated to the original topic - just in case the mom (or anyone from the troop/district/council) wants to come back and discuss what really happened.

I've read this message board for years, but have always been able to find answers to my scout questions in various threads without asking my own. I have two boys who are have aged out of Boy Scouts and are in college. Both are Eagle Scouts. After all these years, I finally felt the need to register to respond to the April Fool's accusations.

I've been following this thread from the beginning because it spun off another message board, College Confidential, which I frequent. A poster from that board recommended this board to her, so this wasn't an April Fool's idea. She first started posting about this problem in Nov of '08. She left that board once she posted her question here, since this board is dedicated to scouts with much more knowledgeable posters.

I have to say, along the way, I felt mdsummer had much tougher skin than I have. I would have quit posting ages ago, and relied on the people who were helping via PM. She always presented herself in a very appreciative and polite manner. I think there have been a few posters on here have been down right rude to her, and I'm not surprised she never posted the outcome.

She never posted any outcome, because in order to have an outcome, you have to have an action to start. Since there is no appeal, there cannot be an outcome to a non-existant appeal.

In addition I just looked at college confidential, no user of the same name, no thread that I could find either.(This message has been edited by nldscout)