Good grief, Ed.

After reading only the last few pages of this epic (in which I don't think I've ever posted), I would suggest that you let it go, already. I would suggest that, except that in light of the fact that you have just basically promised to keep posting in this thread FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, it seems unlikely that you will let it go.

But really, don't you think you've made your point?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said several times before, It has been confirmed that there is NO appeal. If someone has what they think are appeal papers then someone never submitted them.

If someone here thinks there is an appeal, then post a copy of the National acknowledgement of receipt of appeal that you get back when the appeal has been accepted.

ONLY 9 MORE POST'S AND WE REACH THE BIG 40!!!!!

I had a discussion with my son the other day who was complaining about a boy in the troop whom he called a "Know it all". I told him that we should be grateful for "Know It Alls". Without them where would we go when need to know something since neither one of use know everything?!

Fact is I know the SM. I have not brought this up with him since I don't feel it's my place to do so. However during a conversation we had a few weeks ago he mentioned the appeal and the fact that it was still unresolved.

Fact is that I spoke with Michael Lovecchio from National to ask a general question about the process without mentioning names. He asked me if this was about Justin with out me ever using the Scout's name. I figure he's been getting calls on this. He told me to call Council.

Fact is I've spoke with mdsummer on more than one occasion about the appeal and we've all read about it here.

Fact is that mdsummer told me recently that the issue has been returned to Council.

Fact is this appeal has been mentioned to me by three different people, the SM, the mom and National.

I believe (and this is just an opinion as opposed to the above information which is all fact) that the new regs. on defining "Active" has something to do with why this is taking so long.

Now who's lying? The SM, mdsummer or me?

The "regs" on defining active are not really very new. They have been re-worded slightly, but are basically the same as what was published in the Advancement Committee Policies and Procedures book in 2008, and what was the policy even earlier.

Now granted, I definitely do not know everything, but what I do know is that if National tells you to talk to Council about an appeal, that means that National has made their decision and has let council know what it is.

National will NEVER return an appeal to the council level undecided. That rather defeats the purpose. National's appeal decision is final, and can not be changed by council, district, unit, or be subject to further appeals.

It's been a while and my memory may be hazy but if I'm not mistaken, the appeal to National was about the Troop/District/Council's decision not to hold a BOR - not an appeal because a BOR made a negative decision. If this is the case, then it may very well be that National sent it back to Council with instructions to give this lad a BOR.

From the lack of information, it sounds to me like there's also at least a threat of legal action here. In my not-so-humble opinion, that rarely makes things better. Hope they can get it resolved so the young man and everyone can move on. It would also be valuable to find out what exactly did happen so we can all avoid it!