All through this long and sleepless night

I hear my Scouters talking (Eagle's lacking)

Saying that out of my life

Into another's Council you'll soon be walking

Chorus:

Somebody shake me, wake me when it's over

Somebody tell me that I'm dreamin'

And wake me when it's over

They say our Scout ain't what it used to be

And everyone knows but me

I close my ears not wanting to hear

But the words are loud and clear

Through these walls so thin

I hear my neighbors when

They say "He ain't an Eagle, she don't love him"

They say my heart's in danger

'Cause you're leaving me

To be a Venture Ranger...

Chorus:

Somebody shake me, wake me somebody when it's over

Somebody tell me that I'm dreamin'

Bird, you're what my heart desires

My whole world you inspire

I can't bear to be losing you

Cause I've wanted you my Scout life through

(Music interlude)

Restlessly I pace the floor

Listening to my neighbor's criticize

What a fool I am not to realize

The appeal may not happen!

As the tears stream down my face

I can't believe I've been replaced

If I've ever ever dreamed before

Somebody tell me I'm dreaming now

I said shake me, wake me somebody when it's over

Somebody tell me that I'm dreaming

C'mon wake me, shake me somebody...

Vanilla shake, please...

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eyeballing 35...

Does anybody know what it is in the HTML that triggers the generation of another page for the forum?

Is it the number of posts? Can 25 short bump posts get us to 35?

Or is it the length of the page itself? Will we have to read odious soliloquies (I hate myself!) and odorous narcissims (but I like my smell!)?

Pie, anyone?

NE-IV-88-Beaver

It may be that her overall "feel-good" customer satisfaction level with this forum has dwindled.

Keep in mind that a fair number of posts have:

a) Tried to read-between-the-lines and question the character of her son.

b) Have accused her of being a liar.

Given that, she may not feel too frisky about telling us anything about the situation.

WAKWIB,

Yeah maybe her overall good feeling has dwindled. But something doesn't make sense! This should have been resolved long ago! We were not told the whole story.

Make mine apple with a hunk of chedda, please!

Don't close the thread. I want to see what happens when the number of pages in the thread goes exceeds the space allotted on 1 line. Will the numbers concatenate (1 2 3 4 5...33, 34, 35)? Or will they wrap to another line?

Yah, why is everybody so hot to close threads all the time? Seems like this is da natural place for mdsummer45 to return and post the results if she ever chooses to do so. Until then, the water cooler chatter is much like the stuff yeh talk about outside a BOR while waitin' for the board to call the lad back and render a decision. Amusin' and inconsequential.

Beavah

oldsm, you can find the answer to your question already. :-) Just narrow the browser. You can see it do the default behavior - not surprisingly, since it would be unlikely to write code for the special case of this unusual situation. It just wraps.

I'm with Beavah. Why close the thread? Until it gets so big that you can only post with a particularly high-speed internet connection (without getting an http timeout), I'd say that just because a thread is big is no reason to close it.

nldscout, I have a different opinion. I think there was an appeal and that it went against Justin, therefore Mom has dismissed the forum and the people that tried to help her losing cause since she doesn't want to waste a breath on anyone who is not useful to her. That is why I think another involved party should be able to find out what happened. I think we may hear from her again if there is trouble with #2 son but it will be from a different computer with a different login.

...or the appeal is so sticky that national is working thru it slowly....

Probably a stacked deck on the troop/district/council angle. Also beyond doubt, at least in my mind, is a well-meaning mom's attempt to put the best shine on her son's misbehavior. Whatever the scout did, he did it in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people...a small sin would not crank up the "good old boy network" to the level that has been intimated thus far.

I think both leadership and scout chalked up some big demerits...so it's probably like that big ball of tangled rope in the quartermaster's room...it's going to take a full meeting, with a couple cups of coffee, of sitting on the floor to untangle the thing....

That said, I don't think mom has an obligation to tell us anything. Yes, some of us made some comments "with the bark on" that may have not been so pleasant for a mom to hear about her offspring. Overall, I think she rolled with all the punches and took it far more gracefully than most parents would. It would be nice to hear the final outcome, but the family is entitled to privacy, even if mom leveraged the collective knowledge of this forum to form a battleplan. I wish mom and son well.

As for thread length, I make a motion that we keep it going for as long as possible, and stray from topic as much as humanly possible....

JoeBob, any pie left? I'll put on another pot of coffee.

Man, I wish I had some pumpkin pie to pass around. But you don't find pumpkin pie in the stores when the pumpkins aren't coming in from the fields.

Wonder if I could make any money growing pumpkins in the southern hemisphere to sell pies off-season in the US?

JoeBob asks:

Does anybody know what it is in the HTML that triggers the generation of another page for the forum?

Is it the number of posts? Can 25 short bump posts get us to 35?

Or is it the length of the page itself? Will we have to read odious soliloquies (I hate myself!) and odorous narcissims (but I like my smell!)?

Neither length nor odiousness nor odorousness nor HTML of odd formation stays this forum from the swift addition of an appointed post to the existing page.

The only thing that forces a new page appears to be the number of posts. Fifteen posts per page.