• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's always the threat of an attack by say, a giant space dragon. The kind that eats the sun once every 30 days. It's a nuisance, but what can you expect from reptiles? Did I mention that my nose is on fire? And that I have 15 wild badgers living in my trousers?... I'm sorry would you prefer ferrets? " - Marcus Cole

We live for the One, we die for the One.

[bumping to see if mdsummer has any new news]

Poor Zathras

Zathras is used to being beast of burden to other people's needs.

Very sad life.

Probably have very sad death.

But, at least there is symmetry.

Still waiting. Son spoke with DAC on the 20th, was told that DAC was waiting for a couple of LOR's(they were given a deadline of the 24th) and he needed my son to send in blue cards,he did that. On the 27th son called DAC left message and never received a call back. On the 29th I called and spoke with DAC's wife and was told DAC was in the hospital with pneumonia (the DAC is in his 80's). I then called DD on the 29th & 30th and when I spoke to him yesterday the DD told me that someone else will be stepping in for the DAC (the DC). I called the DC yesterday and he told me that he was going to pickup all the info for my son and other scouts who are having issues and that he would get back to us next week after he had a chance to review everything this weekend. I am keeping good notes as to who we talk to and when we talk to them. So..still waiting.

Hello mdsummer,

It sounds as if your District is moving with all reasonable speed. People do get sick and go to the hospital. People do have real jobs and some have lives outside of Scouting, even your District Director. Your son will not be penalized if these situations cause his Eagle circumstances to be resolved after his 18th birthday.

Yes, that is how I feel. The DD keeps telling me to tell everyone that we are in a time crunch. I think we are fine. The DC told me not to worry about my son turning 18 in a couple of weeks. The DC said the EBOR can be held up to 3mos after the 18th bday. Hopefully we will hear from them early next week.

Your DC is more than correct. The EBOR can be held up to 3 months after the 18th birthday with no special permission needed. With that permission, which is easy to obtain for a good reason, an additional 3 months (for a total of 6 months) is almost automatic and I have heard of a case where, for very good reason, an Eagle Board of Review was held 60 YEARS after the person turned 18.