• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for your concurrance, ASM.   Another reason for talking with District/Council is that there may be some misunderstanding on the part of someone of what the job really is and that can be q

As far as asking dampcamper what the SM did that demonstrates he or she clearly should not be in charge...I implore dampcamper not to discuss that on a forum.

If Dampcamper's opinion is correct then the CCand CR will hopefully handle things in a calm and confidential manner in removing the SM. If Dampcamper is wrong then to share that gossip on the forum would not be appropriate.

I have PMd BadenP as he requested. But I all I said was that I have not and will not do the name calling and personal insults that he has used toward me.

I explained that if he disagrees then he should show some evidence to back up what he states as fact. He says he was a professional scouter for almost 6 years, if so then he should have a better understanding of the resources of the BSA than anyone here, and he should share those references rather than just say that I am wrong becasue of what he used to be.

I would hope that posters and readers have far more interest in what the BSA "IS" than in what any of us "used to be".

"I would hope that posters and readers have far more interest in what the BSA "IS" than in what any of us "used to be"."

I used to be thin, pretty fast, and blond. I don't think that anyone is interested in that.

I am very interested in what BSA will be and what I see often worries me.

From reading this thread the question was answered correctly a while back, the CO/CR/IH are the ones with the authority in most instances. However it seems to me that Bob was particularly hard nosed and very rude to a few of the posters here, claiming to be innocent while putting them down in the same instance. IMHO this forum is supposed to be an exchange of ideas not a pissing contest that this thread has turned into. People should be free to express an opinion or statement without being subject to a barrage of negative comments.

To me Bob was the initial instigator and a couple of others chose to challenge him and the fight was on, not very scoutlike in my opinion. Bob claiming his innocence is like the pot calling the kettle back, GW and BP should just ignore him since he is not the kind of person who will ever admit he is wrong or uncivil.

RangerT

You just said my posts were correct, why then do you think I should have to "admit to being wrong" about them to a couple of posters who give no evidence to support there erroneous views?

Darn right I am hardnosed about supporting the program in opposition to a few posters who have a lot of negative views on scouting and absolutely no knowledge to support their comments.

It's a shame there are not more posters willing to say positive things about the kids, the parents, and the program of the BSA.

(This message has been edited by Bob White)