dampcamper wrote:

What is the procedure to remove a scoutmaster that clearly doesnt belong in charge.

After reading through this thread I'm curious:

What has this SM done that shows clearly he doesnt belong in charge?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you for your concurrance, ASM.   Another reason for talking with District/Council is that there may be some misunderstanding on the part of someone of what the job really is and that can be q

I don't know if it is a flaw, it might seem unfair to the person being fired but let's remember how the organization is run.

If a church fires its Sunday school director, can that director run to the publisher of the Sunday school books and cry foul? Nope.

That is essentially the relationship between the CO and BSA. The CO buys BSA's program.

Is is fair? What is fair? Fair to whom? Fair to what?

Baden,

It is to bad that that the upset parents and the SM didn't find a new CO , with the help of the DE & DC. They could have packed up the scouts that wished to join the new troop, and leave the old Co hanging and having to rebuild.

Our troop had a minor issue with our old CO. The IR insisted that all the leaders and CM needed to be fingerprinted for Diocesan YP. Everyone was will if the CO would pay, but the CO refused, even though they paid for their CCD teachers, assistants etc. The VFW snatched up the chance to be the sponsor, which is where we are now.

"abuses of the system are becoming much more frequent and more serious in nature"

That is a fascinating claim BadenP

Please share your data and references with us now that you have offered the statement as fact.

Gee Bob

Do you ever read the paper, magazines, looked at many of the threads posted here. I know you feel that the BSA never err's and that everything that comes from National is as sacred as the Bible, but that would be wrong just like many of your interpretations of policies. You kind of remind me of an old church elder who once led a bible study in my church. He would get angry and belittle anyone who disagreed with him or his interpretations of scripture, sound familiar. This elder thought he was a modern day prophet and it was his job to set everyone on the true path, the pastor wound up taking over at the third session. The point is that no one person is 100% right about any subject, even you Mr. White. Even PBS locally here ran a special about BSA abuses both by volunteers, CO's, and the professionals, you can probably find it at their website.

So if I understand your post you have no data, no references, no substantiation...just the impression that if you insult me enough that it will make you right?

I have never said that the BSA never made mistakes, in fact I have pointed some out in the past.

I never ever claimed I was perfect, but I least when I give a personal opinion I say that it is an opinion. You stated a "fact" and yet you have no evidence whatsoever to support it. I ask for your proof and you instead offer personal insults. That is not a very convincing or skillfull way to support your opinion on the matter.

So getting back to your knowledge from when you used to be a professional. What if anything that I shared was not accurate with the policies and procedures of the BSA...not what part don't you personally agree with...but what if anything was factually incorrect?

And remember I am likely to ask you for actually BSA resources to support you answer so be prepared!

Ok how about your claim that "the CC is part of the CO", that is simply not true, aside from reporting the status of the unit once a year to the CO, and most do not even do that unless it is requested, they have little to do with them. The CC is a unit position, presiding over committee meetings, and has the final say about unit issues. You can verify that in most any BSA manual discussing unit organization. I gave you sources to check on the other issue but apparently you are too lazy to do the research yourself, so you do what you accuse me of by insulting once again, you are not worth the trouble Bobby. You are little more than a flamethrower getting people to jump at your vile bait. There are many other errors I have caught you over the years on other threads, however you seem to exsist in your own little world of denial,you do not dicuss any issue you attack, hardly a very good example of the scouting spirit Bobby.

What about the fact that I never posted that???

What I wrote was the "CC and CR represent the Charter organization".

I did not say they were a part of the CO.

As someone who claims to have been a professional for almost 6-years you cannot deny that is a fact.

Being that "you used to be" a professional I would have expected you to be one of the first to either agree that what I wrote was accurate....Oh wait...You did agree that what I wrote was technically accurate. So why now are you saying that it isn't?

And why have you not identified a single BSA resource to substantiate your claim. Of all the other posters on this forum who should know what the resources of the BSA are and where information can be found in the official resources certainly it would be someone who was almost 6 years working at the District level...and yet!

(This message has been edited by Bob White)

ATTACK OF THE FLAMETHROWER !!! Not taking your bait Bobby, you just go to prove my point, you do not know how to politely discuss any topic. Take solace in your army of scouting manuals for comfort cuz that's all you got. PM me and I will give you a mountain of resources and a list of errors you have stated in the past, otherwise move on, you can fight with ED if you want, I am sick of your attitude Flamethrower.

I would think that if you had knowledge of any BSA resources that contradicted what I posted you would be thrilled to have shared it publicly. You keep claiming what I post is wrong and yet despite your professional experience you have yet to show any evidence.

Also since you used to be a professional I would have expected you to have a fair amount of respect for what the BSA policies and procedures actually are.

In every post I have tried to bring you back to the topic, if you feel that I have given inaccurate information then share with us the BSA evidence.

Of the few posters who have said I was wrong you most of all should have the ability to prove it...and yet...

(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Bob,

You have stated

But choosing the leader and removing the leader is the units responsibility.

Who is responsible for selecting and approving unit leaders? The Charter Organization.

Which is it?

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10