Brianbuf is out of here, www.savescouting coming down

My tickets are finished, beads on their way, and I am starting a new project for 2007 that will take many many hours. Although I still have much time for scouting, I don't have any more extra time for the scouting boards.

So to the delight of a few, I am "closing" my accounts here and others (essentially not checking or posting) and will be not renewing the hosting on www.savescouting.org

For me, it is time for me to spend my extra "non-troop" scouting time in a different arena.

Some here agreed and were very nice.

Many here disagreed, but were cordial, scoutlike, and polite.

Just a few here disagreed but were un-scoutlike. That is/was sad.

Perhaps the highlights of my ticket here were 1. getting contacted by nationals in Irving and having a discussion about my ideas and opinions, 2. Receiving letters from member of the naitonal board discussing some of my ideas, 3. Finding out the BSA already has a committee doing what I was suggesting 4. Actually finishing my agreed upon work, 5. Implementing many new things into my troop, and seeing growth in numbers and participation, as well as a better overall experience.

This is my final post here. I have learned much, bantered with a few, but appreciated most of you. Please don't ever question my motives... disagree with my methods yes, but I would put my concern and passion for a better scouting program in the ring wtih anyone. I hope you sensed that and at least thought about what I was trying to say.

To all my friends and foes, carry on!

YIS

Brian

Buffalo Patrol

WE7-107-03-06