A Scouting Forum -My Standpoint.

I have been thinking about this forum a lot over the past few days.

Mainly about my role as a Moderator.

While I do understand that most of the Forum Members are adults and should be treated like adults.

I in some (Not all)ways see my role a little like that of a Scoutmaster.

Terry our host and owner of the site is like the Executive Officer of a chartering organization.

While we don't really have a Committee the moderators as a group might be seen as such.

I serve as a moderator at Terry's request.

He "Hired" me and he can "Fire" me.

While I hope to do a good job, I serve at Terry's pleasure.

To this end if someone is unhappy about my performance or doesn't like the actions I take, they need to talk to him.

I'm not going in any way going to bend or give way to things that I see as being wrong (Yes I said "I SEE") just because some people are not happy.

I'm not going to allow someone who is unhappy to start a Thread saying that they are unhappy and blasting the heck out of me.

I would never allow this from a Scout or his parents.

If they seen what I was doing as being wrong they can go to the CO and make them aware of how they feel.

I'm not on any sort of a power trip.

I am a little upset and very fed up feeling like some sort of whipping boy.

I do want to make it clear that I'm not talking for any of the other moderators.

We have a wonder resourse here for the exchange of ideas and discussions that are related to scouting, we are guided by the Scout oath and law.

I'm not that active in many other Scouting forums, I think this one is one of the most active. From what I have seen I think in part this might be due to the fact that we don't have a lot of heavy handed moderation.

I know that I'm not always going to be right.

But I'm no more wrong now than I was when Terry asked me to serve.

I'm going to keep on doing what I have been doing.

What you do is up to you.

My hope is that the Un-Scout like carrying on that seems to have appeared over the past few weeks will end.

Thank you.

I'm going to close this thread as I see this as a statement and I'm unwilling to debate it.

Eamonn.