Integrating TroopMaster Software

We have been using TroopMaster to record advancement for many years. We would like to give it to other committee memebers to record service hours, training, fundraising, etc. Are there any groups out there that do this and how do you accomplish it? Has anyone tried TroopMaster Dot Net?

Thanks.

Although I haven't been involved on that end of things, I know my troop does have several people sharing information.

We have one master records keeper. All other committee members who keep track of their portion of data give him a disk each month at the committee meeting to update the master file. This way it is not all on one person to enter the record of 50+ boys and adults.

They may even be at the point of emailing him the stuff.

I haven't dealt with TM for a couple of years, but from what I remember, they have good support and will help you in this process.

Bob

Yes, we use Troopmaster.Net and it works pretty slick.

We have an FTP site where data is kept. When someone opens TM.Net, it asks if they want to connect to the data so they can either just look at their existing copy or go get the latest. It then copies the latest data from the FTP location to their computer.

There is a Read-Only or Update access password so you can limit who can change data.

There is just a little bit of configuration required in the TM.Net setup on your computer.

Paul

We also use Troopmaster Dot Net. If your troop already has a website it is very simple to get running. With the new version there is no limit to the number of people that can have access. You can set permissions so that some can update the software and others can only view. One of the neat features allows you to send e-mails to groups.

Great way to keep current and communicate.

Once some has information using TroopMaster dot Net, is there any way to limit the information that can be edited. For example, if the fundraising chair wants to update fund raising data, is that person also able to fool around with advancement records, whether intentional or not? The big reservation for our troop committee is the possibility that someone will mess up advancement data.